How To Send Secure Email In Outlook – Protecting the privacy of an email message is important. When you need to send a secure email in outlook you encrypt it.
When you encrypt an email in outlook the email message will be converted from readable plain text into scrambled cipher text only the recipient who has the private key to the email message can unlock the message for reading, recipient without a corresponding private key will not be able to access the secure email.
In this how to send secure email outlook article, I will be writing on the following subtopics, how to send secure email in outlook app, how to send Secure email in outlook web app, how to send secure email in outlook mac, how to send secure email in outlook with brackets.
How To Send Secure Email In Outlook App
The Microsoft outlook has been relied on by various businesses to share files, schedule meetings, and send emails. With cybersecurity becoming a major threat it is important to send secure email and the only way to do is by encryption. The two types of encryption on outlook are:
- S/MIME encryption
- Office 365 message encryption
S/MIME: is used and work with the majority of the email applications other than outlook
Office 365: works when a business uses the office 365 enterprise E3 license.
Here is how to send secure email in outlook app:
- Enable S/MME encryption this process includes obtaining a certificate or digital ID from your organization administrator and installing S/MME control
- Access the gear menu and tap on A/MME settings to encrypt all messages
- Select to encrypt contents and attachment of all message or as a digital signature to all messages sent
- Encrypt or remove individual messages by tapping on the three dots at the upper message
- Select message option
- Select or deselect encrypt this message (S/MME)
- If the person you are send the message to does not have S/MME
- Deselect the box or else they won’t be bale to read your message.
How To Send Secure Email In Outlook Web App
The encrypt outlook web is only available for office 365 home or office 365 personal subscription. You can use it if you don’t trust the recipient email provider to be secure.
- Log in to outlook on you web browser
- Tap on new message button
- Tap on encrypt link, right next to attach, you will have to option: encrypt or encrypt and prevent forwarding
- The message stays encrypted and doesn’t leave office 365
- Recipient with outlook.com office 365 account can download attachments without encryption
- They can do so when using outlook mobile app or the mail app in windows 10
If recipients are using other email apps, they will need to use a temporary passcode to download the attachment from the office 365 message encryption portal
Encrypt and prevent forwarding
- Your message remains encrypts within office 365
- It can not be copied of forwarded
- Ms word and excel remains encrypts even after downloading
- Images, pdf files can be downloaded without encryption
How To Send Secure Email In Outlook Mac
To send secure email in outlook mac, the recipient must be in your keychain.
- Open your email app on mac
- Select file>new message
- Click on the pop menu that appears, select the account which you have a personal certificate in your keychain
- Indicates the message will be signed in thr message header
- Input the email address
- An encrypt closed lock icon will appear close to the signed icon if your keychain contains a personal certificate for every recipient the icon will point out the message when you send it
- If you don’t have a certificate for every recipient you must send your message unencrypted, tap on the encrypt icon to replace the closed icon with an open lock icon.
How To Send Secure Email In Outlook With Brackets
You can send secure email in outlook with brackets, by typing encrypt in brackets or secure anywhere in the subject line of the email. These commands are quite sensitive, when UAConnects365 understands this command it will automatically encrypt the message.