Delete My Facebook Account – With a lot of data scandals, relating to misinformation, privacy, tax practices, and all manner of other shady things, have resulted in Facebook losing the trust of many of its users.
If you are among those who don’t trust Facebook anymore − or if you’re just tired of spending so much time on Facebook or sick to the stomach of the constant status updates from old friends you’ve moved on from – here is how to delete your Facebook account.
How To Delete My Facebook Account
There are a couple of things you should take note of as you decide to delete your Facebook account down. There are two different ways you may like to take in taking your Facebook account offline.
Here are a few important things to note:
- Facebook does not delete your account immediately you make a request for it to be deleted, it delays deletion for a few days after the request is made. If you log in during the grace period, the deletion process is reversed and cancelled.
- There is obviously no way you can regain access to your Facebook account once it is deleted.
- It can take up to 90 days for your data that is resides in backup systems to be wiped out.
However, if you do change your mind within the grace period, you can decide to deactivate your Facebook account. Actually, deactivating is a way to cool off from Facebook for a while, while deleting is a permanent solution. Deactivating your Facebook account means the following:
- Folks will not be able to search for you or see your Facebook profile
- Some of your information may remain visible to other Facebook users (like the messages you have sent)
- Facebook will save your account information should change your mind and decide to reactivate your account
I Want To Delete My Facebook Account Permanently
If you have made up your mind to delete your Facebook account for good, click the following link and choose the ‘Delete Account’ option.
Before permanently deleting your account, you may want to download your Facebook data. In order to do this, click the “Download Info” button first. The file that starts downloading will contain your Facebook profile information, so be very careful about where you keep it.
How To Deactivate My Facebook Account
In order to suspend or deactivate your Facebook account, click the following link and choose the ‘Deactivate Account‘ option, and then follow the steps to confirm your decision.
Recover Deactivated Facebook Back
Alright, you have changed your mind and you want your Facebook account back after deactivating it, simply log into your Facebook account again using your email address or phone number, and password. Your profile will be brought back to life.
Stop Facebook From Tracking You
Unfortunately, deactivating or deleting your Facebook account permanently does not really remove you completely from the clutches of Facebook. That is due to the fact that Facebook code is built into nearly every app and website via tools like social share and ‘Like’ buttons, and Facebook can (and does) track your web usage in this way.