Microsoft gift card is a digital card that can be used to buy games, software’s, apps, videos, and movies. The Microsoft digital gift card can be purchased at Microsoft store online, Windows online, or Xbox online. Microsoft gift cards cannot be used to buy physical goods or items from Microsoft store.com.
What do you Get When you Buy Microsoft digital card?
When you buy a Microsoft gift card, you get the card in a digital code format via email. The digital code consists of a 25 character code which can be forwarded to the recipient via an email or an instant message. Microsoft gift card has no expiry dates.
To purchase any item at Microsoft store, you must have an active Microsoft account. With this Microsoft account, you can redeem gift cards, view your current account balance, and update your personal information. If you don’t have a Microsoft account it’s best you sign up for an account with Microsoft before trying to buy any item on Microsoft.com. Here’s a guide on how to sign up for a Microsoft account:
- Visit Microsoft.com.
- Click on create account bar.
- Enter your email address.
- Choose a password.
- Verify your email by entering the code sent to email address.
- Solve the captcha on the screen.
- Click next.
You’ve signed up for Microsoft account, you can also use this account to access Microsoft services.
How to send Microsoft Gift Card
Microsoft has made it very possible to send a digital gift card with friends and family, you can share the gift of games with your loved ones this season. Here’s a step by step guide on how to send a Microsoft digital gift card to friends.
- Log in to the Microsoft digital gift card portal.
- Select your desired gift card design.
- Choose the card value.
- Enter the recipient’s name and email address.
- You can add a personal message you want the recipient to see.
- Choose the date you want the card to have it delivered to the recipient.
How To Redeem Microsoft gift card
Once you have an active Microsoft account, you can redeem a gift card via Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox.com, Windows phones, and web browsers.
To redeem a Microsoft gift card, simply;
- Visit Microsoft.com/redeem.
- Enter the 25 digit code sent to your email address.
- Select next and follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
Once you’ve redeemed the Microsoft gift card, your gift card balance will be available to spend on Microsoft online, Windows, and Xbox online.
Microsoft Gift Card Troubleshooting
Below are some problems you might encounter when trying to redeem your Microsoft gift card.
- Microsoft gift cards can’t be used to shop at physical Microsoft store retail locations.
- A gift card can only be redeemed in the currency printed on the Microsoft gift card.
- If there’s a pending balance on a subscription, there might be a problem redeeming the Microsoft gift card.
- If the gift card code has already been redeemed for another Microsoft account.
- Sometimes if the gift card code is for a prepaid subscription it is impossible to redeem the gift card.
- Lastly, gift card codes that are gotten from other online stores cannot be used to redeem a Microsoft gift card.
Also, a gift card sometimes have instructions attached to it and is subjected to some terms and conditions which makes it impossible for redeeming of Microsoft gift cards.