Facebook Money Transfer – Facebook has now introduced a payment service that makes it easy to send money to your friends & family members as well as receive money from them. You can enjoy this service right on your Facebook messenger, all you need to do is set up your Facebook messenger to enable you to perform this function with just simple taps of your finger you can send out and receive money with ease.
Sending money on Facebook is just as easy as sending a private message to a friend, however, both parties involved must have their debit cards linked to their Facebook messenger account. Sending money on Facebook is free and convenient as well, since you spend most time on Facebook.
However, before you can enjoy this service you have to be over 18 years and must be friends with the person you sending money to. If you do not find this feature on your Facebook messenger. This means it is not available in your location, as it is still limited to users in specific countries.
How To Set Up Facebook Money Transfer
The money transfer feature is available to users in countries like USA, FRANCE, UK and others. So if you don’t find the feature on your messenger app. This means it is not available in your area. If you have this feature, then you have to set up payment account to enable you enjoy the services. To set up your account:
- Open a chat with a friend, then click the BLUE PLUS ICON, and click the GREEN PAYMENT ICON
- You will be prompted to set up payment account as a first time user of the service
- Enter the necessary info required from you, add your debit card and create PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PIN) that only you can access.
- Then you can continue the transaction process by entering the amount you wish to send and clicking PAY.
How To Send Money On Facebook
Sending money to your friends is quite easy and secured as well, you don’t have to give out bank details for the transaction and we are right here to walk you through the process.
- Open your messenger app, and then start a conversation with your friend you wish to send money to.
- Click on the $ icon above your keyboard
- Enter the amount you wish to send
- Then tap PAY and the money will be sent to the recipient
How To Receive Payment On Facebook
Once money has been sent to you by a friend on Facebook messenger, you will receive a notification from Facebook about the transaction. Before you can finally get the money, you must have a debit card linked to your Facebook account. Once you have added card details, you can accept payment which is sent to your checking account linked to your debit card. Facebook says the money is sent instantly, however it is sent instantly to your bank which may take some days to show your payment.
- Open the conversation from your friend that sent money to you
- Click ADD CARD in the message
- Then add your debit card, and then set up your account if you are receiving money for the first time
- Then you can receive money sent to you, though it may take some days depending on your bank.
Now you can use your Facebook messenger for more than just chatting and sharing media files with friends, you can now send them money with ease. It is secured and convenient for you too, since you spend the most time on Facebook, you can get other functions done on the app as well like sending and receiving money.