Here’s How to Prevent External Access to Your Gmail Email – Gmail being a medium through which messages can be sent and received which could also be referred to as electronic mailing is perfect though it can be devastating once you discover that there’s an intruder.
Imaging finding out someone has access to your email account without your knowledge? It’ll be bad, considering the fact that there’ll be confidential mails on your email account. We’ll worry less because this article will help you resolve the challenges and keep your account safe.
How to Monitor Your Gmail Account Activities
Here’s guide on how best to keep an eye on your Gmail account actives.
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Sign in.
- Search for the Activities of your Account and click on it.
- You’ll be able to view the last log and the number of places your account was logged in
- You get to check for details on the IP address of different login and access types by clicking details.
- Through the details, you can check out country IP of the logged in and access type of the said login I e. POP, Web browser used, IMAP and more.
Once you discover that your email account has been hacked through the details beneath the concurrent Session information, tap on the Sign Out Other Session option and change your password to a more secure and tougher one to leave the intruder lost and shut out.
How to change your Alert Preferences
To change your Alert Preferences, you’ll:
- Tap on the Show an Alert on Usual Activities button.
Once that’s done, if there are unusual activities going on, you’ll get updates then you’ll be asked to change your password.
Get your Gmail email security by activating your Two Factor Security fir your Google account.