Whatsapp Pay – The WhatsApp Money pay feature is finally available in India after being stuck for years in the limbo of uncertainty. The new payment feature will be a tough competition against Google pay and PhonePe.
After the launch of the pay features, several inquiries on how to use them have emerged.
Like other UPI-based payment platforms, WhatsApp pay is also easy and transacts directly from your bank account.
To activate the WhatsApp pay feature you will need to have a bank account and a debit card, which will enable you to set the four-digit UOI for all transactions.
You will also need to verify your mobile number linked to your bank account, which is a very significant step to enhanced security.
How To Activate WhatsApp Pay
Using WhatsApp money to transfer and receive funds is quite simple. Especially if you are familiar with other payment platforms like Google pay and PhonePe, this should be very easy:
- Firstly, open WhatsApp on your mobile device
- Go to settings
- Access payment in your settings
- Follow instructions to set up the account and link your bank account.
You will receive an SMS with an OTP to confirm your details, once the whole procedure is complete you can send and receive money using your WhatsApp pay.
How To Transfer Money From Whatsapp Pay To Your Bank Account
Before transferring funds from your WhatsApp pay, ensure that your bank account has a UPI setup maybe on other payment platforms like google pay or PhonePe. Here is how to send money on WhatsApp pay to your bank account:
- Open WhatsApp > Settings > Payments
- New Payment > Send to a UPI ID > input the UPI ID (you can copy-paste this)
- The UPI ID will be verified and confirmed. Once done, type the amount your wish to transfer
- Provide the four-digit UPI pin and complete the transaction.
Don’t forget your bank account has to be linked to WhatsApp pay for a successful transaction