Social media marketing is a platform that helps in building a business through the media with the aid of videos and blogs that gives the company exposure.
Social media marketing is also a platform that enables customers to reach companies with the aid of purchasing goods and services. This also helps marketers to use a wide range of strategies and style to enhance and promote their products and services.
A lot of people do not know about this platform due to the lack of information and communication. The world today has been made easy due to this platform called (SMM). Customers are given the opportunity to access the internet for products and services online thereby increasing their knowledge and stress of going about to look for products and services.
One of the main style used in social media marketing is to develop messages and contents that people will likely share with their friends, family, and co-workers.
SMM saves marketers the stress of moving from one place to another (Companies, Schools, Industries e.t.c) advertising and looking for who to buy their products. Social media marketing will enable you to market your products and services online and reach a wide range of users/customers.
Social Media Marketers have mind-blowing strategies that can quickly catch the attention of a user and increase the possibility of the user to order or purchase the product and as well share the content with a variety of users (Family and friends). Marketers also bring out viral content that can spread easily within that users.
Let look at some advantages of Social media marketing. The advantages of social media marketing cannot be overemphasized. But we will be taking you through a few reason why you have to go into social media marketing.
- EASY ACCESS: It helps the marketer to reach users and customers easily.
- CREATING VIRAL CONTENT: It helps marketers to create viral content that can spread quickly to the users.
- BRAND AWARENESS: It increases brand awareness that is most efficient in the businesses of today.
- INTERACTIVENESS: This increases the conversation rates between users and bloggers and can also increase the visibility of products and services.
- CUSTOMERS SATISFACTION: When marketers present their products and services in a well-organized manner that a user can easily access and understand and also the marketer’s ability to respond to the user’s message will give the users a great deal of satisfaction.
Disadvantages Of Social Media Marketing – SMM
No matter how good a thing is there is always a bad side to it. Now I will give you the disadvantages of SMM so you know how you go about making use of it.
- NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: In the social media world today users have free rein to post and comment whatever they want. Satisfied customers can leave a positive and glowing review on your page while unsatisfied customers make angry statements and rant negatively about your business.
- EMBARRASSMENT: You might decide to post whatever comes to your mind or whatever you want that can have huge consequences for your business and as well embarrass yourself.
- TIME INTENSIVE: This platform takes a lot of time and effort to maintain an interactive social media structure. You have to be active, monitor social networks and also respond to questions and feedback. You will also need to post updates that are valuable.
Types Of Social Media Marketing
With the present great advantage of Internet, it brought about so uncountable social media marketing platform. Below is just a few (10 of them) that you will like to use and their examples.
- Social networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Media sharing networks: Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube
- Discussion forums: Reddit, Quora, Digg
- Bookmarking and content curation networks: Pinterest, Flipboard
- Consumer review network: Yelp, Zomato, TripAdvisor
- Blogging and publishing networks: WordPress, Tumblr, Medium
- Social shopping networks: Polyvore, Etsy, Fancy
- Interest-based networks: Goodreads, Houzz, Last.fm
- ‘Sharing economy’ networks: Airbnb, Uber, TaskRabbit
- Anonymous social networks: Whisper, Ask.fm, After School
As a marketer, you should be sensitive and knowledgeable. You should approach the media with the aim and motive of making profits and satisfy your users. As a marketer, you have well-organized and accessible accounts that are beneficial to your business.
Best Social Media Platforms To Use
From my point of view, level of research and experience on the internet. I will be concluding this article by giving you a little hint of the best social media platform to market your product or services.
Facebook I will say is the best is the social media platforms. This is because Facebook earlier this year celebrated its 2 billion active users, which is the highest when compared to other platforms. Presently, Facebook spreads info across the world in a twinkle of an eye.
This has made them amazingly preferable for SMM because every business person wants their product to sell as fast as possible. If you are not yet applying Social media in your business then you are not ready to make a good profit.