Skype for Business web app is a browser-based meeting app. It has been designed by Microsoft to aid users to join Skype for business meetings. Even though you can’t schedule a meeting from this app, you can join a meeting that was scheduled by using either Outlook or Skype for Business Web Scheduler.
How To Join a Meeting via Skype for Business Web App
If you want to join a meeting using Skype for Business web app, simply choose “Join Skype Meeting” in the email or calendar meeting request you received. If the computer you’re using does not have Skype for Business installed, a browser window will be opened and you can join the meeting.
Skype For Business Web App Features
The Skype for Business web app is designed with the following exquisite features;
- The app provides HD video conferencing.
- IM in meetings.
- High fidelity desktop.
- Presentation viewing.
- Desktop sharing.
- Presenter access controls.
- The app also includes PC-based audio and video.
Installing Skype For Business Web App
The app plug-in is necessary for audio, video, and screen sharing during a Skype Meeting. To this end, if you joined a meeting but can’t link to the Skype Call or can’t see meeting content, you can use these basic troubleshooting steps first, and if necessary, review the list of common issues and errors.
Standard Plug-in Installation Troubleshooting Steps
- Start by exiting the meeting and closing all browser windows.
- Tap open an InPrivate browsing session in Internet Explorer. This is a private window in Firefox or Safari or an Incognito window in Chrome.
- Next, ensure that your browser enables ActiveX controls to load and run.
- In the next step, click the “Join Skype Meeting” link in your meeting request.
- Scroll to the sign-in page and ensure that you check “Install Skype for Business Web App Plug-in”, then choose “Join the meeting”.
Next, do either of the following;
- In Internet Explorer, at the rear of the browser window, choose “Run” to install the plug-in.
- Follow your browser’s prompt for installing and running the plug-in.
- In the Skype for Business Web App Plug-in security alert, choose “Allow”.
- In the Windows Firewall security alert, choose Cancel if you do not have administrator privileges on your computer. This will not affect your meeting.
- If you succeed in installing the plug-in using these steps, then you should consider clearing your browser cache to remove obsolete credentials that might hamper your signing in.
In case that didn’t work, you may have to check the following ;
- Ensure your computer operating system and web browser are on the list of supported platforms.
- Visit Control Panel
- Programs and features, uninstall existing versions of the plug-in and try signing in.
See More Post:
123movies Download | 123movies Websites | How To Watch And Download Online Free
How To Close Office 365 Account And Cancel Office 365 Account Subscription
How To Add An Admin To A Facebook Page – Remove an Admin on Facebook Page
SESIS Login – Sign in | Login SESIS Via PC or Mobile Device Web Browser
How to Close a Facebook Business Page On Desktop And Android Phone
How To Change My Page Name On Facebook – Facebook Business Page
Skype For Business Vs Skype | Differences And Unique Features
Sell On Facebook Using Paypal | Buying and Selling on Facebook Marketplace | Facebook Paypal Login
Venmo Money Transfer Money To Bank Free | Venmo sign up send & receive money
Dating Group on Facebook – Facebook Dating Apps – Free Facebook Dating Sites