Instagram account can be set up for free either on your preferred mobile platform or on your computer.
Below we take you thru the steps of creating an Instagram account on mobile and computer.
Create Instagram Account with Mobile App
- Tap open your phone’s app store. You will be required to download the Instagram app to enable you to create and access an Instagram account on your mobile platform.
On iOS devices, you can locate this app as “App Store,” Android devices and tablets use the “Google Play Store.”
- Locate the “Instagram app.” On both the iOS and Android platforms, you can search by tapping the magnifying glass icon in the app store app and after that, enter in your search entry.
- Click the required tab to download Instagram. Since Instagram is a free app, you will find a tab close to the app that states either “Get” or “Install” (Android)
- Based on your internet/data connection speed, Instagram may take a minute or two to download.
- Click on the Instagram app, to have the Instagram app opened
- Click the “Sign Up” tab; this will prompt you to fill in your preferred account information.
- Fill in your preferred email address in the field given. Click “Next” when you are thru.
- Be sure, that this is a current email address to which you have access to.
- You can also select to log in with your Facebook credentials from here. If you click the “Log in with Facebook” option, Instagram will request that you log in to your Facebook page, if you are not already logged in.
- Fill in a username and password. You will be required to enter the password twice, to confirm its accuracy
- Make sure you like your Username before you tap “”
- Fill in optional account details. These include a profile picture, a bio for your account, or a link to your website, you can also add or change this information at any time from within your Instagram profile by clicking the “Edit Profile” option at the top of your page.
- Click on the “Done” button, to create your account.
Create Instagram Account with PC
- Tap open your preferred browser. Your Instagram browsing experience is limited as compared to mobile when using a computer, but you can still set up and access your account via Instagram’s site.
- Scroll to Instagram’s website. This can be done by tapping on the link
- Fill in your sign-up details on the right side of the page. This details will include the following;
- Current email address
- Your full name
- Preferred username
- Preferred password
- You can also tap on “Log in with Facebook” at the top of this information entry box to get an account created with your Facebook name and password. This will link your Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Tap the “Sign Up” tab, which is at the bottom of the sign-up menu, as this will create your account.
- Tap the person icon at the top right corner of the screen; this will navigate you to your account page
- Tap the “Edit Profile” option, which is to the right of your Instagram name at the top of your page
- Add any information you desire to display; this can include a bio for your account, a link to your personal website, or a profile picture. Once you are done, tap the “Submit” tab at the bottom of your page.
With this, you have successfully created an Instagram account!. You can now connect with the community of other Instagram users to share your treasured moments and photos with them.
I hope this guide on how to create an Instagram account on mobile and computer was helpful to you.