How to Turn on or off Autocorrect for Android and Samsung Devices – Twenty years ago, writing or typing on mobile phones was very different from today. Keyboards with 12 buttons were used that we had to press sequentially to write.
At first you had to press a key between one and four times to type the desired letter and then the T9 helped us to write or type a little faster.
Currently touch screens allow the use of diverse keyboards, making writing quite personalized.
One of the biggest advantages of today’s virtual keyboards is that they make corrections for us we make when typing, whether they are spelling or typographical errors.
But there are many users who do not want to use them, who want to write exactly what they click, so we will be showing you how to turn on or off autocorrect for Android and Samsung devices.
How to Turn off Autocorrect system-wide
The first modification we have to make is on the Android operating system itself. Among the settings there is an option called Language and text input, which is where we must turn off the autocorrect. We are going to:
- Open up “Settings”
- Press on “Language and text input”
- Next click on “Input assistance”
- Click on Spell check and turn it “ON”
When we click on the option that disables it, we will no longer see how words change themselves when we do not write them correctly or when the system understands that we want to write something else.
How to Turn off Autocorrect via Google keyboard
We have said many times that Google has one of the best Android keyboards. Gboard is the default in many mobiles, although there are brands like Samsung or Huawei that have others. To turn off autocorrect on the Google keyboard we have to open the keyboard and:
- Click and hold the comma key.
- Next choose the gear icon and open adjustments.
- Click on Spell correction.
- Next you can uncheck AutoCorrect.
How to Turn off Autocorrect in Samsung keyboard
If we have a Samsung mobile and we have not changed the keyboard, the way to turn off the autocorrect is to follow these steps:
- Open up the keyboard in any app.
- Click on the gear icon that appears in the upper right corner of the keyboard.
- Next choose Smart Writing.
- Click on Automatic corrector.
- We uncheck English (or the language you use).
Bonus! How to turn off Autocorrect on the Huawei keyboard
Huawei is another of the big brands that use their own keyboard, or rather third-party keyboard since Swiftkey comes by default. To disable autocorrect we have to do this:
- We open the keyboard in any app.
- Click on the + icon in the upper left corner of the keyboard.
- Click on the gear settings icon.
- We uncheck AutoCorrect.
The same processes can be used to activate the autocorrect in the opposite case, if you don’t use it but want to do it.
Note: The same step you use in turning off autocorrect is the same step you should follow to turn on autocorrect back.
Congratulation! You now know how to turn on or off autocorrect for android and Samsung devices.
More Interesting Post:
- Create Your own Avatar on Facebook
- Facebook Avatar 2020
- Create Facebook Avatar Link
- Download Facebook Dating App
- Create Avatar on Facebook App
- The Pirate Bay Free Download
- Facebook Avatar Available