How To Connect Your Instagram Account To A Facebook Account. Facebook acquired Instagram on April 6, 2012, because of its unique media sharing features thereby generating more revenue for Facebook. Today it has over 1 billion users and is the 4th most downloaded mobile app probably because of the way it creates a kind of influencing connection between users.
Steps – How To Connect Your Instagram Account To A Facebook Account
To link your Instagram account to your Facebook account, make sure you have a Facebook mobile app on your mobile with your Facebook profile registered on it, so when you download the Instagram mobile app and sign-up, Instagram will ask if you want to connect to Facebook with the newly created Instagram profile or you could follow these easy steps;
- Open Instagram, sign-in, and tap on the profile button.
- Tap on “Settings”; the gear looking icon, click on “ Linked Accounts” and select Facebook, this will redirect you to a Facebook login page, where you will have to log-in.
- Select the category(ies) of Facebook users who can view your posts from on Instagram. Tap on continue.
- You could also enable dual-posting whereby any contents you post on Instagram also gets posted on Facebook, if you don’t want this tap-on “Not Now”.
- To dual post, follow the normal procedures for posting on Instagram, after the filter section click on “Next”. Locate the Facebook icon there on the page and click on it, thereby turning on the switch.
To follow friends on Facebook, visit settings in your Instagram profile, click on “Facebook Friends”, the list of your Facebook friends on Instagram will appear where you can select whom to follow or decide to choose “Follow All”.