How To Close Uber Account – Uber has made getting from one place to the other easier than ever. In more than 80 countries all over the world, you can schedule a ride with an Uber driver with just a few taps on their mobile app on your phone.
They are is one of the most popular ride services available, but they’re by no means the only option.
If you don’t like their policies, how they treat their drivers, their privacy protections, the latest redesign, the surge pricing popup — or the news that they covered up a massive hack — or anything about them at all, you can close your account, delete their app and try something else.
What You Will Learn From This Guide?
- How to close uber account through their website
- How to close uber account through the uber app
Note: Though your account will be immediately deactivated once you close it, you have a 30 days grace period to re-enable it if you change your mind. Once those 30 days pass, Uber will wipe your account details from their servers.
How To Close Uber Account Through Their Website
- On a browser on your computer, phone, or tablet, open up Uber’s account deletion site (https://help.uber.com/riders/article/delete-my-uber-account?nodeId=71c58af5-23fd-428a-b1d1-fc3c7dd70b4a).
- Click or tap DELETE MY UBER ACCOUNT. You will see a black link under the “Delete my Uber account” header close to the top of the page.
- Enter your email address or your phone number that is associated with your account.
- Click on next or tap on Next.
- Enter your password and click on Next. This will show your Uber account details, as well as a message telling you that your profile will be deleted immediately.
- If your account has 2-Step authentication turned on, Uber will notify you through an SMS containing a verification code. Enter the verification code from the SMS into the field provided on the screen and click or tap VERIFY to continue.
- Click the “Continue” button. It’s at the bottom of the page.
- Select a reason for deleting your account. A confirmation message will appear.
- Click or tap the “Delete Account” button. Your account is now inactive.
How To Close Uber Account Through The Uber App
- Open the Uber app on your smartphone device
- If you are not logged in, you’ll need to login, so type in your email address (or phone number) and password into the provided fields.
- Tap on the hamburger icon. It’s the three horizontal lines at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap Settings. It’s near the bottom of the menu.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy. It’s toward the end of the page.
- Tap the red Delete Your Account link. It’s at the bottom of the menu.
- Enter your Uber password and tap Verify. A confirmation message will appear.
- Tap Continue to confirm. Your account is now inactive.
Please note that your account will get deactivated for a 30 days period before it is deleted. If you change your mind about deleting your account within that 30-day period, you can reactivate it by signing in with your username and password.