How to Close an eBay Account – As useful as eBay can be for selling out anything in your home you no longer need or getting bargains of other people’s unwanted items on the internet.
Closing your eBay account may require jumping through a few hoops, but it’s completely painless if you follow these steps.
There are few things you will need to consider though.
Before closing your account, consider contacting eBay first. They don’t want to see you go, and they will do everything they can to sort out any issues you may have.
Please note that you don’t have to close your eBay account to stop selling; simply remove your automatic payment method and cancel your selling tool subscriptions.
Caveats to Closing Your eBay Account?
If you still want to close your eBay account, please make sure that:
- All your pending fees are paid and your account balance is zero
- You don’t have any open bids on an item
- You don’t have any outstanding payouts to be processed to your bank account or in pending status if you’re a managed payments seller
Here is How You Can Close Your eBay Account
- Open up your browser and login into your eBay account.
- Click on your name. It is at the upper-left corner of the page. Doing so will bring up a drop-down menu.
- Click Account settings. This option can be found near the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Account tab. You will find it in the middle of the row of options below the “My eBay” heading.
- Click Close My Account. This option is at the far-right side of the “My Account” heading.
You might find this option under the “Account preferences”
- Click Close Account (if you were redirected to the Help page). You’ll need to scroll down the page to see this option.
- Click request to close your account. You will find this link below the “Closing your eBay account”.
- Select a reason for closing your account.
- Click on Continue. This button will appear at the bottom of the page.
- You will have to confirm that you want to close your account. Click “Select” one drop-down box and then click “No, please close my account”.
- Click “Continue”. You will find it at the bottom of the page.
- You will have to check this “I read and understand the above information” box.
- Click “Continue”. This will prompt eBay to close your account.
Congratulations, at this point, eBay will process your request to close your account.
You will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours to confirm its receipt.
If you haven’t used the account for about 60, the account closure will take place within 30 days.
If you’ve used the account recently, it will remain deactivated for 60 days.
You can change your mind at any point during that grace period, but once the time is up, the account will be deleted.
Please note that, if you wish to start using eBay again, you’ll need to create a new account.