How To Close A Yahoo Mail Account -Yahoo Mail could be an excellent option if you want to run small business emails online.
Yet, Yahoo Mail is not the only email provider. If you try out a new mail service and you tend to prefer it. You might want to close your Yahoo mail account and start using the new email provider.
Closing email addresses involves terminating your Yahoo accounts.
This is process is straightforward. But you have to make sure that you will never need these accounts again.
Once you close your yahoo mail account, you cannot restore them again – you’ll have to open a new one.
What You Will Get From This Guide
In a few steps outlined below, we’ll show you how to:
- Close a Yahoo Mail account.
- Revoke access to your email address
- Delete all your emails, and
- Stop people from sending an email to on you.
Ready To Delete Your Yahoo Mail Account?
1. Open up your favorite web browser. Type in “https://edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_user” in the address bar and press the “enter” key.
What this will do is that it will save you the number of clicks you will have to click. It takes you right to the Yahoo account deletion page.
2. Enter your email address, and then click the “Next” button.
You get to do this if you are not logged in already.
3. Next you will have to enter your password and click Sign in. You’ll find this section on the right side of the page.
4. You will have to now scroll down and click on “Continue”. It’s at the bottom of the information page.
This particular page outlines all the terms of deletion. Here, you will get a reminder to cancel any paid services you have on Yahoo.
5. At this point, you will have to enter your email address again.
You will do so in the text field located in the middle of the page.
6. Finally, you have to click on “Yes”, close this account. Doing so will schedule your account for deletion. In 90 days, Yahoo Mail will delete your email account with them.
Congratulations, you have succeeded in in closing your Yahoo mail account.
You Still Have To Remove It From Mobile App
Now, here is the catch, you have to take another step further. You will have to remove your account from your yahoo mobile too.
It’s not difficult, here is how to do it:
1. On your mobile device, open up Yahoo Mail. Yes, the app with a purple and a white envelope. It has the word “YAHOO!” written on it.
2. Tap on the bread icon. You will find it located at the top-left corner of the screen. Doing so will bring up a pop-out menu.
3. Tap on “Manage Accounts”. This option can be found at the top of the pop-out menu.
4. Tap Edit. It’s in the top-right corner of the screen.
5. Tap on “Remove” to the right of an account. This is a red button on the right side of the account you wish to remove.
6. Tap Remove when prompted. It’s a blue button on a pop-up window.
Doing so will remove the selected account from the Yahoo Mail app.
Please note that it does not delete your account from Yahoo. You will have repeat this removal process for every account you want to remove from Yahoo Mail.