How to Close a Group on Facebook – It’s time to close a Facebook group – Your Facebook group actually. Groups can be an asset to your business, but sometimes, they don’t always work out as planned.
If your Facebook group have a large membership, It can be extremely time-consuming. Unless they are contributing to a specific business goal, it can be hard to justify keeping them.
In this writeup, we’ll be look at how to close a Facebook group as well as some alternatives to pulling the plug.
What you will get from this Guide
- How to Close a Group on Facebook via Mobile
- How to Close a Group on Facebook via Desktop
Closing a Facebook group is drastic and final. Once you’ve initiated the process, there’s no going back. You’ll lose all the content and threads. All the work you put in will be gone forever. So before you close, you might to consider other options.
You are 100% sure you want to close your facebook group? If yes, here is a guide on how to do so.
How to Close a Group on Facebook via Mobile
- Open up Facebook on your mobile device. This will open up your Facebook News Feed that is if you’re already signed into Facebook on your mobile device.
If you are not signed into Facebook, enter your phone number (or email address) and password to continue.
- Tap on the hamburger icon. You’ll find it at the bottom-right corner of the screen (for iPhone users) or at the top-right corner of the screen (for Android users).
- Tap Groups. This option is located at the middle of the pop-out menu.
- Tap on your group’s name. You need to scroll down to find it.
- Tap on Info. It’s located at the upper-right side of the page options, right below your group’s cover photo.
- Tap on Members. You will find this option at the middle of the page.
- You will have to remove each group member. Ensure you don’t take yourself out during this process.
- Next, tap on your name. After you’ve taken everyone else out from the group, you can exit the group to close it.
- Tap on Leave Group. It is located at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Tap on “Leave Group” when prompted. This will both remove you from the group and close the group itself.
This will take some seconds for your name to not show in the members list, and you may have to wait for few minutes before the group gets wiped out of sight.
How to Close a Group on Facebook Via Desktop
- Open up Facebook’s website. Enter facebook.com in your browser’s URL box. This will bring up your News Feed if you’re already signed into Facebook.
If you aren’t already signed into Facebook, you’ll have to sign in
- Click on your group’s name. You’ll find it at top of the left-hand column of options in the News Feed.
If you can’t find your group, click on the down arrow at the top-right corner, click on New Groups, click on the Groups tab at the top-left corner, and then click on your group’s name under the “Groups You Manage” heading.
- Click on Members. This tab is situated at the upper-left side of the page. This will bring up a list of the members in the group.
- Take out everyone from the group. Ensure you don’t remove yourself during this process.
- Once every group member except you is gone from the group, click the gear icon close to your name in order to prompt your own drop-down menu.
- Click on “Leave Group”. This will bring up a pop-up window.
- Click “Leave and Delete” when prompted. This will immediately remove you from the group and deletes the group itself.
Congratulations you now know how to close a group on facebook.