How To Close Amazon Sellers Account – Amazon is an amazing online platform for advertising and bringing products to the general public. There are certain reasons why you would want to close your Amazon sellers account.
Whether it is the lack of sales on the platform, or you just want to take a break from being an Amazon seller. Our team has made a compilation of the necessary steps to take when closing an Amazon seller account and the things you need to know about closing an Amazon account.
Steps To Take Before Closing Your Amazon Sellers Account
In case you’ve decided to close down your Amazon sellers account, there are few things you should do and they include;
- Pay up any outstanding balance.
- Your amazing seller account must have a zero balance.
- Resolve all transactions with buyers, including refunds.
- Confirm that you have a valid bank account info.
Once you close your Amazon sellers account, you’ll no longer have access to the account again. You won’t be able to view your account order, history, process returns, issue refunds, and interact with eligible buyers. Grab a drink and keep reading to know what happens when you close your Amazon sellers account.
What Happens When I Close My Amazon Sellers Account?
Closing your Amazon sellers account is quite an easy task but what happens when the account is permanently closed;
- You won’t be able to access other sites linked with your Amazon sellers account.
- You won’t have access to digital contents related to Amazon music, drive, or App store purchase.
- Your customers profile will be removed.
- You won’t have access to your account history.
- You can’t process returns and refunds.
- You can’t access Amazon gift cards or promotional credit cards.
Aside from closing down your Amazon sellers account, there are other actions you can take depending on the reason you want go close your Amazon sellers account.
Easy Guide In Closing Your Amazon Sellers Account
Closing your Amazon sellers account mean that every of your efforts on amazon.com will be erased and if you think of selling again, you will have to start from the scratch again. So you need think it through, here’s how to close an Amazon sellers account;
- Visit your Amazon sellers account.
- Click the settings button.
- Select account.
- Downgrade your type from professional to individual.
- Tap close.
Once Amazon.com receives and processes your account closure request, they will send you a confirmation email that your account has been closed or letting you know why your account can’t b closed and the necessary steps you should take to successfully close your Amazon sellers account. However if there’s any info you need from your Amazon sellers account, you’re advised to keep a record of it before proceeding to close down the account.
It takes amazon.com 90 whole days to finally close down your Amazon sellers account.