How to Close a Facebook Business Page – The act of creating a Facebook business page is a very quick and easy process.
How to close a facebook business page is also quick and easy too.
There are basically two ways to “remove” a Facebook business page from public view. You can either close it (remove it forever) or change the page’s status to “unpublished.”
You need to be a page administrator to change the visibility of a business page or to delete it.
In this write up we are going to cover how to only close a Facebook business page.
If you’re a page admin, here’s how to close a facebook business page.
How to Close a Facebook Business Page Via Desktop
- Open up Facebook on your favorite browser. Go to facebook.com. This will open your News Feed page if you are signed into Facebook.
If you are not signed into Facebook, you will have to login.
- Click on the “Menu” icon. It is the triangle-shaped icon at the upper-right side of your Facebook page. A drop-down menu will show up.
- Click on “Manage Pages”. This option is located at the middle of the drop-down menu. Doing so opens a list of your pages.
- Click on your business page’s name in the “Pages” section to do so. This will open your business page up.
- Click on Settings. This is located at the upper-right side of the page. This will open up the page’s settings section.
- Click on the General tab. This is located at the upper-left side of the page.
- Scroll down at this point and click “Remove Page”. This heading is located near the bottom of your page. Clicking it will cause the heading to expand.
- Click on the Delete [Page] link. You will find this below the “Remove Page heading”.
- Click on “Delete Page” when prompted. This will schedule your business page for deletion.
After 14 days, you’ll be able to delete your business page.
- After 14 days has passed, you can re-open your page and carry out the following steps to permanently remove it from Facebook:
- Click on Settings
- Scroll down at this point and click “Remove Page”
- Click the “Permanently delete [Name]” link.
- Click “Delete” when prompted.
How to Close a Facebook Business Page Using the Facebook App
- Open up the Facebook app on your mobile device.
If you aren’t logged into Facebook, you will need to enter your login details before proceeding.
- Tap the hamburger icon. It is situated at the bottom-right corner of the screen (iPhone) or the top-right corner of the screen (Android). A menu will show up.
- Tap on Pages. You’ll find this option on the menu, you need to scroll down to find it.
- At this junction, select your page. Tap on your page’s name to do so. This will open up your page.
- Tap on this icon ⋯. It is at the top-right corner of your screen. A menu shows up.
On an Android phone, you may see this icon “ ⋮” here instead.
- Tap the “Edit Settings”. This option is located in the menu.
- Tap “General”. It can be found on the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the “Remove Page” section. This section is located near the bottom of the page.
- Now you can delete your business page by tapping the Delete [Page Name]? link. It is located in the “Remove Page” section.
The [Page Name] section of the link will be replaced by your page’s name.
For example, if your page’s name is “Kidd Trust”, you would tap the Delete in Kidd Trust? link.
- Tap on “Delete Page”. It’s a blue button located at the upper-right side of the page. This will confirm your action and schedule the page for deletion.
You will still have to wait for 14 days to pass before you can delete the page.
- After 14 days have passed, you will need to re-open your page and do the following to permanently close the Facebook business page:
- Tap ⋮ or ⋯
- Tap on “Edit Settings”
- Tap “General”
- Scroll down and tap “Permanently delete [Name]”
- Tap on “Delete Page” when prompted.
Congratulations you now know how to close a facebook business page.