Change Your Youtube Account Name Without Altering Your Google Name made easy.
When you create a new channel on YouTube, your channel gets linked directly to a Google account. And that’s why any changes you make to your YouTube channel are indicated on your Google accounts as well.
Creating a brand account can be very useful for those who want to keep their personal identity intact while managing a YouTube channel.
You can easily switch between your channel account and your Google account whenever you want to.
How To Create A Brand Account On Youtube
- Open the official YouTube website on your browser
- Click on the Account button located in the right corner
- Tap on the Settings option from the drop-down menu
- Official YouTube website section, click on the option that says Add or manage your channel.
- Select the option to create a Channel.
- Type in the name of your new brand. Click on create
Here Is How To Move Your Youtube Channel To The Newly Created Brand Account
- After creating a brand account, you will be automatically redirected to your new account page. Sign out of the brand account and log in to your original YouTube account
- Select the Account option located in the top right corner of your screen
- Click on the Settings option
- View advanced settings under your YouTube channel section
- Scroll and select the move channel to a brand account option
- Type in your account password for
- You will see a list of all the brand accounts associated with your Google account
- Click on the replace option located right next to your brand account entry
- Check off I understand and wish to proceed, then click on delete channel. YouTube will then delete all data associated with the brand account
- To finalize the process, click on the move channel.
Following the aforementioned steps will help you have a different channel name, and you will be able to retain your Google name.
See: How To Change Your YouTube Channel Name