How to Change Password in Outlook 365 – You may have many email accounts years ago, and you have not updated your login details since.
Email services like Outlook 365 don’t require you to update your login details, so if there is no security concern, a lot of people won’t bother to make changes.
It’s important to know that changing your Outlook 365 password on a regular basis helps to protect your information efficiently.
You may not want to change your details frequently, but knowing how to go about it is crucial. Here are steps you can follow to do so.
How To Change Password in Outlook 365
Changing your password in Outlook 365 does not change your email provider password. If you are making use of Gmail, Apple, or Yahoo email in Outlook 365.
This tutorial will show you how to change your password with those services. You can skip to the section below to know how to change your login credentials in Outlook 365. Other email providers require that you visit their respective websites to change your login credentials there.
How To Change Password in Outlook 365 if you’re using an Outlook email address, follow the steps outline below.
Step 1: Sign in to the Microsoft security page
Visit Microsoft’s security page and sign in. Then, select Password security from the dashboard. Follow the on-screen security measure instructions.
Step 2: Choose a new password
The next page will prompt you to confirm your new password again, as well as enter your new password. Choose something strong, unique and long — mixing special characters, numbers, and both lowercase and uppercase letters — and enter it twice as requested. Then click the blue “Save” button.
That is it! You have updated your Outlook password. If you’re using the Outlook email client, read the next section to know how to change your password there.
How To Change Your Password in Outlook 365
If you have changed your password with your email provider and you want to make sure that your Outlook email client knows it, follow these steps below to change it.
Step 1: Open Outlook’s Account settings
- Open up Outlook 365.
- Select “File” in the top menu.
- Select “AccountSettings”
- Again click on “AccountSettings” to select it in the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Change your password
If you have an Office 365 subscription that provides you semiannual updates, or a stand-alone version of the Outlook client, then
- You will select the email address you wish to change
- Click on “Change”
- Then enter in your new password.
- Then click on “Finish.”
If you have a monthly update subscription for Office 365, you should do the following instead
- Choose “File”
- Then select “AccountSettings”
- Then choose “UpdatePassword.”
- Then update your password.
- Finally select “OK.”
Step 3: Test Your New Password in Outlook 365
When you’re done updating your password, close any extra menus you have opened and return to Outlook 365. To test that the new password is working as intended, Click the “Send/Receive” button.
If your mails go well, great! You have successfully changed your password. If they don’t, or you get an error message of some sort, check that you have entered the correct password.
Check out These Account:
- How to Send an Anonymous Email – Free Anonymous Email
- Yahoo Mail Login – Login to Your Yahoomail.com Account To check Mail Box | Create A Yahoo Account Free
- How To Close A Yahoo Mail Account – Delete Your Yahoo Mail Account
- How To Change Email On Instagram – Change Your Instagram Email
- How to Reset Your iPhone or iPad Password – Restore an iPhone or iPad | Apple ID
- How To Change A Twitter Handle – Tips and Guides
- How To Change My Page Name On Facebook – Facebook Business Page
- How to Change Spotify Store Name 2020
- How to Delete a Gmail.com – Delete Your Gmail Account Guide
- Aolmail.com Login – Aol mail login & sign up Guide | How to Recover your AOL Email account