With Hangout group chat, you can chat with more than one person, at the same time. These group can be up to 150 persons.
Hangout group chat enables you to message up to 150 people at the same time via a special group chat sessions, often referred to as “Group Hangouts”. You can chat directly with a co-worker or communicate with the entire team simultaneously.
Thus, whether you are engaging in a one on one chat, or be it a dedicated group workspace, Hangout group chat, has you covered, as it makes it easy for you to collaborate, with your team in an organized way.
If you are still wondering how Hangout group chat will benefit you, let’s take you thru it’s features and benefits to help you decide.
Hangout Group Chat Features
- Edit Text: With this feature, you can hover over your conversation to make a change and update
- Delete a Conversation: You use this feature to delete a conversation you no longer want
- Add an Emoji: Use this to add your desired emoji to your text
- Bold Text: Helps you add an asterisk, before and after the text, you intend to send in bold format
- Italicize Text: Here, you can use this feature, to add an underscore, before and after the text you wish to italicize.
Hangout Group Chat Benefits
- Users can share and discuss Docs, Sheets, and Slides from one place.
- It offers user’s the access, to send direct messages to individuals or groups.
- Edit text in your conversations, or add an emoji
- Meet with, and brainstorm ideas, with your team in rooms
- Get to chat with, your co-workers, share files and other online resources, and use the platform to work together on team projects.
- Hangout group chat also enables you to start multiple conversations in a room
- Manage your chat history
- Set up your notifications with ease
- You can also start a video meeting.
There, you have the features and benefits of Hangout group chat. Now let’s take you thru how you can start a chat on Hangout group chat.
How to Use Hangout Group Chat
To get started,
- Open the Google Hangouts chat at chat.google.com
- Sign in with a G suite account
- Once you sign in, you will automatically see chat rooms that you’ve been invited to. Once you see these chat rooms, you can reply to conversations, say something new or message anyone else on the group directly. Once you do this, those who have not logged in yet will get an invite email. If they already use Hangout group chat, they’ll get the direct message there, or in Gmail.
To say Something New;
- Open the chat room, and type in a new message. This message will show up first since it is posted today. This precedes everything your group chatted about over time.
To Send a Direct Message;
- Tap open chat, and on the left, tap the “Find people, rooms, bots”.
- Type in a name or email address or choose a contact from the suggestions
- Type in your direct message and tap “Send”
To Send a Direct Message to a Group;
- On the left, tap on the “Find people, rooms, bots>Group Message” button
- Type in names or email address, or alternatively select contacts from the suggestions
- Once your contacts have been added, tap Start DM
- Type in your direct message and tap send>.
Once you follow the above-outlined steps, you can easily send direct messages or share something new with your co-workers or individuals.
Hangout group chat offers you the best platform to engage with a group or an individual to share ideas and brainstorm on issues of concern.