Facebook Fundraiser – Facebook with over two billion active users is a large platform to promote charitable giving. Facebook Company has pushed out fundraising for various reasons and now you as an individual, organization, charity house can raise funds for various causes. You can use Facebook to raise awareness and drive donations for the causes you care about. You can create fundraisers for nonprofit and personal causes on Facebook.
Tips To Use When Raising Funds On Facebook
There are various steps and things to do if you want to raise a successful campaign to raise fund on Facebook and it includes:
- Create a Facebook page. The page must be verified with a blue or grey badge.
- Use a cover photo that clearly depicts the purpose of your cause. For example, if you are raising funds for child education, your cover photo of students learning. Use photos that drive and can garner users interest and sympathy.
- Describe and give detailed explanations on the cause you are campaigning for. What is the cause about? Why should people donate to it? Who stands to benefit from it?. Include the duration of the cause.
- When people donate to your cause, don’t neglect the page, keep posting about you have achieved with the donations you have, detail the areas that still need help, encourage others to join and donate. Like and comment on supporters donation.
- Once the goal for the fundraising project has been accomplished, post the result and thank everyone who participated.
How To Make Donation Accessible To Users
Tools that foster donation include “Fundraiser” and “Donate button”.
To allow people fundraise on Facebook for your organization, you should do the following steps
1. Sign up to accept donations on Facebook
2. Click publishing tools in the top menu of your Facebook page
3. Click donation settings under fundraiser
4. Check the box next to allow people to create fundraisers
5. Check the box next to allow people add donate buttons next to their posts
6. Click save.
Requirements For A Facebook Fundraising Page
- Page must be verified with either a blue or grey badge
- It is only available in the US and EU
- Creator of fundraiser must be admin of the Facebook page
- Fundraiser page can only be created on the desktop.