Download Twitch Videos
What to Know
- To have your broadcasts saved automatically by Twitch, choose Settings > Channels and Videos, then switch to Save saved broadcasts.
- Go to the Video Producer page once a stream is saved, select the More icon next to the video, and choose Download.
- With a third-party app like Twitch Leecher, you can download other streamers’ broadcasts.
Twitch streamers and viewers often like their favorite broadcast videos to be downloaded and either stored locally or uploaded to another service such as YouTube. This article describes how to save on-demand Twitch videos (VODs) on your computer.
How To Download Twitch Videos
From the Twitch website, Twitch streamers may download their previous broadcasts. Your window for downloading previous broadcasts varies between 14 to 60 days after the initial stream, depending on whether you’re a regular user, Twitch Affiliate, or Twitch Partner. The video will auto-delete after this.
How To Enable Auto-Archiving On Twitch Videos
With a single switch, you can tell Twitch to save your broadcasts automatically. Where to find it here.
- Select the drop-down menu on the Twitch website in the upper-right corner and select Settings.
- Choose a channel and a video.
- Turn on past broadcasts in the store.
- Once they finish, your future broadcasts will be saved on your profile.
How To Download Twitch Videos After Activating Auto Archiving
Once you activate archiving, after you finish streaming, you can download broadcasts.
- On the homepage, in the menu under your profile image, select Video Producer.
- Click the More menu on the next page, to the right of the video that you want to save.
- To save the video to your computer, select Download.
You can’t download the past broadcasts of someone else from the Twitch website.
How To Download Twitch Videos Of Someone Else’s Twitch
A free program that downloads videos from Twitch is Twitch Leecher. It’s a third-party app, meaning that Twitch does not endorse or support it. It is well designed, however, and has a clean interface that makes it less intimidating than other programs of this kind.
The best thing about Twitch Leecher is that any user on the network can download Twitch videos made by it. To keep pace with major Twitch updates, this program is also updated regularly. Using the links in the app, its creator is easy to contact if you have support requests.
Here’s how Twitch Leecher can be installed and how to download Twitch VODs using it.
- To get the latest version of the program, go to the official Twitch Leecher page on GitHub.
- You are prompted by your computer to either run or save the program. Select Run and follow the prompts on your computer to install the program.
- Open Twitch Leecher, after the installation is complete.
- At the top of the menu, select the Search bar.
- Navigate to the Twitch channel, then click Video.
- Right-click on the video that you would like to download. Then, select the Address Copy Link.
- The command might have different wording depending on the browser.
- Please go back to Twitch Leecher and select the tab for Urls.
- In the white box, paste the video link and select Search.
- Your chosen video from Twitch should appear. In the lower-right corner, select the Download button.
- On the next screen, choose the video download resolution size and where to save it on your computer. You can also give a custom filename to it and choose a video start and end point.
- Select Download once all of your options are set. Your video will soon be available from the location of your chosen file.
Hope this content was helpful…We will keep updating you on a lot of how to on tech areas…. Enjoy…