How To Stop Your Phone From Been Hacked Remotely – Our smartphones can be used for almost everything, they contain highly sensitive information about our lives, from paying bills, sending emails, and many more if that data falls into the wrong hands, that could lead to disastrous situations.
Here is how your phone can get hacked remotely and what to about it.
How Your Phone Can Be Hacked Remotely??
Hackers don’t need to have a phone in their hands to steal the content of your mobile phone. They can target any data stored on your mobile device remotely, from passwords, SSNs, bank details, text messages, photos.
Cybercriminals usually look for some vulnerability in the phones operating system to hack or manipulate people into downloading malicious software on their devices. With technology constantly evolving, the process of hacking someone’s phone remotely is becoming very easy. Ways a hacker can get into your phone:
- Through public wifi networks: cybercriminals can create fake wifi networks, and when you connect to it with your mobile, you will be directed to malicious sites.
- Sim swaps: Hackers can transfer your mobile number to their devices and gain access to your account
- Phishing emails or text: you might receive a malicious link from hackers trying to trick you into clicking it. Such emails or texts may look very real, and sometimes it may difficult to distinguish between a legitimate and malicious site
How To Know That Your Phone is Hacked?
If you notice the list of things below on your iPhone or Android devices there might a chance that a cybercriminal has targeted you:
- Excessive battery drainage
- Unusual data usage
- Restarts for no reason
- Weird popups
- Background noise
- Takes forever to launch app
- Apps that you don’t remember installing
- Strange phone calls
- Unusual activity on account connected to your mobile.
However, not all cases are linked with hacking. But if you notice a strange activity on your bank account or any account that you have access to from your mobile phone, there is a chance that you have become a cybercrime victim.
How To Remove Hacker From Your Mobile Device
The first thing to do if you notice your phone has been hacked is to factory reset your mobile device, but note that this will not only help you to get rid of hackers from your mobile deceive but it will delete files stored on your device.
If the factory reset will not work for you, you can try the steps below:
- Search for applications that you haven’t installed by yourself and delete them.
- Install an antivirus application to help you detect any malicious software and help you protect your device.
- Let’s your contact know that you have been hacked, to prevent them from accepting any suspicious message coming from your phone
How To Prevent Hackers From Getting Into Your Mobile Phone
- Lock your smartphone, create a strong password for your device,(touch ID, face ID, pins, and pattern)
- Don’t turn on mobile data or Wi-Fi unless it is necessary
- Turn of your hotspot in crowded places
- Ensure to always update your apps
- Don’t click on suspicious link
- Use two-factor authentication
The risk of getting hacked is extremely high these days, it is best to protect your devices from such possibility.