Uber Eats Driver App – With the introduction of Uber eats driver app, Uber has made a lot of changes to this driver app.
But a lot has changed for Uber eats drivers, including how to sign up for uber eats and also how to complete a delivery.
What You Will Learn?
- How to sign up for Uber eats driver app
- How to complete a delivery on Uber eats driver app
- How to cancel a delivery and still get paid
If you drive UberX I’m sure Uber is more or less harassing you about if you want to start taking deliveries. All you have to do is say yes to their request and they’ll set your account up to start accepting deliveries on Uber Eats.
Alternatively, you can follow these steps to have them set up your account so that you can start receiving deliveries.
How To Sign Up For Uber Eats Driver App
- Open your uber app up
- Click on your profile picture
- Hit the Help button at the top right corner of the screen
- Next scroll down and click sign up
- Click on “understanding uber”
- finally, click “I have a different question about Uber” from here you can send the message and let them know you want to start accepting delivery requests.
If you don’ want to follow the steps above, you can pay them a visit at your local Uber hub.
Once Uber Eats has been added to your account, you can switch between picking up people and picking up food or picking both by clicking the bottom right lines at the bottom of your screen
How To Complete A Delivery
- Open your Uber app
- Click the Go button, it will take you online
- You’ll have to wait for a request
- When you get a delivery request your phone will make a beeping sound, showing the map and also the estimated time of arrival it will take to drive towards the restaurant.
It will have a bag icon to symbolize that this is an uber East request.
The countdown will last about 15 seconds during these 15 seconds you can accept the request
- Once you accept the request, the uber navigation will come up and guide you to the restaurant.
- Hit the navigate button and pull up your phone’s default GPS setting, Uber has a built-in navigation, but we recommend you use the Waze app or Google Maps for the best result if there any parking instructions from the restaurant, you’ll be able to see them on the screen.
- On the screen you’ll be able to see the order number as well as the name for the person.
- Head into the restaurant and let the staff know you are uber Eats and you’ll be picking up an order or orders
- if you accept it more than one, you will give them both the name and the order number, this is key if the restaurant gets overloaded with orders.
- In most cases, the food will be ready when you get there, but if the order isn’t ready, click the three dots next to the customer’s name and hit the button not ready. This notifies the restaurant on their tablet that you have arrived this ensures that the staff will look for you when the food is done.
- After this, rate your pickup experience, if you had a good experience, give them a thumbs up if not give them a thumbs down and select the reasons for giving them a thumbs down. This feedback helps the restaurants tidy up things from their end.
- Place the food in a secure position in your car to make sure that there won’t be any kind of spill
- Once this is done, slide delivery at the bottom of the screen, the Uber eats app will then load the customer location for you.
- If there are any special instructions that the customer wants you to follow they’ll be mentioned on the screen right next to any notes that the customer leaves for you, it will also let you know if the customer wants the food to be delivered to their doorstep or if they want to meet you somewhere else.
- Send a standard text message accent if they want to meet you somewhere else or if they want it brought at their doorstep.
- You’ve dropped the food off give them a thumbs up if everything went as planned, or you can give them a thumbs down if you bumped into unnecessary problems.
This feedback will be delivered to the customer later so let’s say if they forgot to put the gate code on the apartment complex this feedback will get back to them so they can add that for the next driver
- Next you swipe delivered and congratulations you have completed your first uber eat delivery
How To Cancel An Order And Still Get Paid
If for some reason you can’t complete a delivery because you don’t have enough information, do the following:
- Call or text the customer by clicking on that phone icon.
- If you called them and there’s no answer, you can start the 8-minute countdown by pressing the “can’t reach the customer” button, this button notifies the customer that you’ve tried to call them and that the order will automatically be canceled in 8 minutes.
- You’ll need to be very close to the red location dot on the map in order to make the button appear.
- Once the countdown is complete you can cancel the order by pressing the red button at the bottom and you will still be paid.
In some cases, you may not be able to get close enough to the red dot on the map to trigger the 8 minute countdown.
If you press the phone icon and it doesn’t trigger the countdown there is another way you can cancel the order and still get paid.
- The moment you get within a quarter-mile radius, uber counts this as arriving, as long as you stay within this radius of the red dot after 8 minutes of arriving.
- you can cancel and still get paid, by using the following method press the red button at the bottom of the screen with the exclamation mark, click on report an issue, next click the option unable to find recipient and the order will be canceled and you will still get paid for the delivery since the order is canceled.
- You can dispose the food anyway you see fit.
There you have it now you know how to complete the Uber Eat delivery and how to cancel it if the situation warrants it.