Knowing how to transfer photos from your Samsung Phone to your PC can be very useful when you have a lot of photos on your phone.
Today, in this article we are going to highlight the 3 most efficient ways on how to transfer photos from your Samsung phone to your PC.
How to Transfer Photos from Your Samsung Phone to Your PC USB cable
This is the easiest and it is most likely to work with almost any Samsung device.
Here is how to transfer photos from your Samsung device to your PC via a USB cable:
- Connect your Samsung phone to your PC through a USB cable.
- The first time you do this, the device drivers will automatically download and install on your PC. If your system asks for your permission to do this, grant it.
- On your Samsung phone, grant access, when prompted to Allow access to device data.
- Open File Explorer on your computer for This PC and you will see the Samsung device under Devices and Drives. Now you can use the File Explorer to access the content of the device files, including all your photos. Photos are found in the DCIM on most devices.
Transfer Photos from Your Samsung Phone to Your PC Via an External SD card
If your Samsung device has a microSD card slot, you may prefer this method instead of using a USB cable. Although some laptops have built-in SD or microSD readers, most computers do not. Fortunately, you can buy an adapter like the Anker 2-in-1 SD card reader, which connects via USB.
Insert the external card into the device and use an Android file explorer app to transfer all your photos to the card.
Remove the card, connect it to the adapter and you will see it on your PC as an external device on This PC. Then you can copy photos of him using the USB instructions above.
How to Transfer Photos from Your Samsung Phone to Your PC Using Samsung Flow for wireless file transfer
Samsung SideSync known as Samsung Flow, connects your Samsung smartphone to your PC using your local Wi-Fi connection.
Once the connection is established, you can transfer photos (and other files) from your Samsung device to your PC wirelessly.
You can also use your computer to control your Samsung device. It creates a screen mirror of your Samsung phone on your PC. Then you can open the apps on your device, scroll through the photos, access your messages, and do anything else you would do on the phone.
This is how it is configured:
- On your Samsung device, go to Google Play and download the Samsung Flow app for Android.
- On your computer, go to the Microsoft store and download the Samsung Flow app for Windows 10.
- Make sure that your computer and your Samsung device are connected to the same network, either by Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- Open Samsung Flow on your Samsung device.
- Next launch Samsung Flow on your PC and click Start.
- Select your Samsung phone on the Samsung Flow app on your PC.
- Confirm the access password connection on your Samsung phone and then again on your PC. Once confirmed, Samsung Flow will be connected.
Once the connection is complete, you can start using the Samsung device from your computer. Here’s how to transfer photos from Samsung phone to computer with Samsung Flow:
- In the Samsung Flow app, select the three-dot menu icon in the upper right corner and choose Settings.
- Specify the Download Folder using Change. You must, otherwise file transfers will not complete.
- Once complete, press the Back button to return to the home screen.
- Now, select the More in the lower left corner.
- Select Image… and then search for the image you want to send.
Although simple, this method only sends one image at a time, which is not efficient. If you want to send more than one photo from your Samsung device to your computer at the same time, try this:
- In the Samsung Flow app, select the More in the lower-left corner.
- Select My Files> Images… and then review each photo you want to send to your computer.
Check out these Related Contents: