Skype for business vs Skype simply means the differences between the two services offered by Microsoft. In 2015, Microsoft changed the name of its communication app, Lync to Skype for Business which offers two video calling and messaging tools with almost similar names which are Skype and Skype for Business.
This has raised confusion in the minds of users as to which is which. In this article, we will outline each service as well as it unique features.
Skype For Business Vs Skype
The Skype version you choose bothers on factors like;
- The size of your business.
- The number of people that participate in your meetings.
- The devices and apps the version syncs with.
- Your budget.
- If you need the advanced functionalities of Skype for Business or normal Skype.
Let’s get started and take a look at the two;
Features Of Skype For Business
Skype for business is a paid-for software that is designed to suit large organizations. This service supports up to 250 users at a time and is good for businesses that need to hold large online meetings, share files, and do multiple other things on a large scale.
It’s features allows the app to support various functionalities which free version Skype does not support.
What’s Unique About Skype for Business?
- Skype for Business supports a maximum of 250 participants and integrates Skype Meeting Broadcast; A feature that enables as large as ten thousand participants to view the broadcast.
- Enjoy more meeting options and functionalities as compared to the free version Skype.
- Get more control, and recording of meetings.
- Skype for business easily integrates more with other apps from Microsoft. Since it is packaged within Office 365, you can integrate it with other apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. with ease.
- The number of apps this app can sync with depends largely on the plan you choose. This means the more apps available for integration.
- Skype for business is compatible with Windows and OS’s and devices.
- When it comes to price, Skype for Business is a paid-for app, which uses the number and sophistication of available features to determine the price plan. These packages range from $2 to $35 a month.
- Skype for business is made to higher security features thus it is enterprise-grade. It features AES and TLS encryption to safeguard communication so that only meeting participants can read it.
- This service incorporates more to its security measures by enabling administrator control over users.
- The administrator denies or allows users access to certain features to protect the interests of the business.
- You also get a feature that archives unsuccessful attempts to log in which helps to log bugs, errors in connection and hacking attempts.
- Since it is free, this means that the app only packages features for the regular consumer and is not suitable for large businesses where meetings involve many people.
- This service only supports meetings of up to 25 people.
- Skype is free.
- Skype does not support various functionalities like Skype for business does. It only supports a maximum of 25 users.
- It is compatible with Windows and Mac OS’s and devices and offers more options because it connects to various external devices and apps without difficulty.
- Skype features AES and TLS encryption to safeguard communication so that only meeting participants can read it.
When it comes to choosing between Skype for business and Skype, this depends largely on factors earlier stated. Both versions have their advantages and disadvantages, thus if you looking for a service that can help you easily manage your large team then go for Skype for business. But if you want a regular service for your not so large an audience, then go for Skype.
- Telegram Plus | Telegram Plus APK Download
- Flipkart app Download Flipkart Online Shopping App Free | Diversity In Delivery Options, Payment and Subscription To Flipkart
- The 9 Best Android Apps for Managing To-Do List 2020
- Download WhatsApp GB – GBWhatsapp APK Download and Install
- Shopify Store Names Ideas for your Brand Business and Tips
- How To Add An Admin To A Facebook Page – Remove an Admin on Facebook Page
- How To Change My Page Name On Facebook – Facebook Business Page
- How to Close a Facebook Business Page On Desktop And Android Phone
- Sell On Facebook Using Paypal | Buying and Selling on Facebook Marketplace | Facebook Paypal Login