Facebook buy and sell groups are structured by Facebook to help Facebook users promote and sell as well as buy items on the Facebook Marketplace or group.
A Facebook buy and sell group(s), is more like a regular Facebook group(s) only that it gives it’s members the option of listing items for sale, mark items as sold as well as search items to purchase.
Note however that items like animals, drugs, weapons, counterfeits and other items that infringe intellectual property rights are not permitted in buy and sell groups or on Marketplace.
How To Sell On Facebook Buy And Sell Group
Let’s start by saying that you can only sell things in groups that have the buy and sell feature turned on. That said, you must be an admin of the group to get the buy and sell feature turned on.
How To Sell
- Scroll to your News Feed, and click on Groups in the left menu.
- Choose the buy and sell group you like to sell something in.
- Next, click on what you are selling.
- Key in the details about the item you are offering for sale and tap on Next.
- Select your audience.
To Get More Buyers To See Your Item;
- Post the item in other buy and sell groups that you are a member of.
- Choose the circle close to the name of a group to add or remove that option.
- You can also create a Marketplace listing for the item by selecting the circle next to Marketplace to add or remove that option. Bear in mind that you are posting on a page, thus you won’t see the option to create a listing on Marketplace.
- Tap Post.
Managing Your Posts
Get information on how to edit or delete your group posts, or mark your posts as sold. Note, however, that you will need to edit or delete each post in different buy and sell groups differently, even if they’re for the same item. In case you created a Marketplace listing for the item, you’ll also be required to edit the Marketplace listing separately.
How To Turn The Facebook Buy and Sell Group Feature On or Off
To turn on the buy and sell feature;
- Go to facebook.com and tap on Groups in the left menu and choose your group.
- Tap… More beneath your cover photo and choose Edit Group Settings.
- Close to Group Type, tap on Change.
- Choose Buy and Sell and tap Confirm.
- Navigate down to the rear and tap Save.
To turn off the buy and sell group feature;
- Go to facebook.com and tap Groups in the left menu and choose your group.
- Tap …More beneath your cover photo and choose Edit Group Settings.
- Close to Group Type, tap Change.
- Choose a different group type and click Confirm.
- Then navigate down to the bottom and tap Save.
Note, that this feature is only rolled out to selected groups and countries.
How To Edit a Post For Something You Are Selling In a Facebook Buy and Sell Group
You can edit the price, images or information for something you’re selling in a Facebook buy and sell group.
- Scroll to your News Feed, and tap on Groups in the left menu.
- Choose the buy and sell group that you’ve made your post.
- Look for your item below your items for sale.
- Tap … More and click on Edit Post.
- Make your changes, and tap on Save.
If an item was previously marked as sold but want to sell it again,
- Just tap Your Items from the left menu.
- Then tap the Sold button.
- Tap Mark as Available below the item you want to relist.
Note, that this feature is only rolled select groups and countries.