PayPal Account Sign up – PayPal as the name sounds is an online platform that offers individuals and businesses low-cost services. It is an electronic eCommerce company that facilitates payment between parties via online transfers.
This platform called PayPal allows customers to establish an account on its platform, which is connected to a user’s credit or checking account.
Users of PayPal can ca begin sending or receiving payment from other PayPal accounts once identification and proof of funds are confirmed online through the company’s app.
PayPal is simply just a medium of receiving and making online payments or just sending and receiving funds. It is a sending and receiving money platform made easy.
How Does PayPal Work?
PayPal basically offers payment services and solutions for both personal consumers and businesses at large. The PayPal Company allows personal consumers to shop, make payments, and transfer money with maximum ease.
What a PayPal user needs is an email address to signup for an account and must provide a credit card, debit card, or bank account to complete the setup.
PayPal immediately verifies all the information to make sure the person setting up the account is truly the rightful owner before the services can be used in other to avert unforeseen circumstances like a scam and the likes.
PayPal Special Consideration
We know that PayPal is not a bank but it is subject to many consumer protection regulations by which banks today are governed it is advisable you notify PayPal quickly the moment you have concerns as it helps to limit your liabilities.
It is recommended that PayPal users check their accounts frequently and also the extent of your liability for an unauthorized transaction is determined by how promptly you notify the bank that an unauthorized activity occurred in your account .
Steps On How To Sign Up PayPal Account
Signing up PayPal is easy and does not require any special knowledge. Whether your computer literate or not creating an account is very easy.
PayPal helps you stay online without having to re-enter your information for every transaction. So you can easily set up a PayPal and start using it in a matter of hours or minutes.
The step to sign up for PayPal are as follows
Part 1 of 2
Creating PayPal account
- Visit the PayPal website or open the PayPal app: You can create an account from the PayPal homepage or from the app. The app is available on your app store to do you can go ahead to install. Note that the account creation process is the same for both websites and apps.
- Tap “sign up” or click on signup for free.: This particular step will commence your account creation.
- Enter your email address and create a password: Always ensure you create a strong password so that nobody else can access your account.
- Fill out the form with your personal information: You will need to enter your legal name, address, and phone number. And all this information is required to create to account.
- Enter a credit or debit card (optional): After entering your personal information, you will be prompted to enter your credit or debit card. You can enter it now or later but you’ll need to at some point if you want to verify your PayPal account. Note: If you don’t want to register your card information click on “I’d rather link my bank account.
- Enter your bank account information (optional): you will need a bank account linked if you plan on receiving money and want to be able to transfer it to your bank.
- Apply for PayPal credit card (optional)
Part 2 of 2
Verifying Your PayPal Account
- Confirm your email address: You need to confirm your email address in order to receive money at your PayPal account.
- Link your bank account: in order to send money from your bank account or transfer funds you need to link it with your PayPal.
- Link your debit or credit card: you can use PayPal to manage your various credit and debit cards allowing you to check out from websites without having to enter your information each time.
Easy steps right?
All a person needs to send you money on PayPal is the email account you used to open your account. You will be notified by email whenever money is sent to you.
All you need do is log into your account and transfer money to a bank account if you have connected into your PayPal account
Interesting to know that you can link any kind of bank account to your PayPal account. It’s as easy as that.