Are you having issues recovering Outlook Forgot Password? Let’s help you. Your Outlook password is the same as your Microsoft account password. Microsoft Outlook stands as one of the most popular email clients in the market and regularly ranks among the top clients.
With millions of users on this unique email service platform, it goes to say that at some point, someone may forget his/her password which will necessitate a recovery or reset.
People forget passwords every day, which makes them get locked out of their Outlook account. If you are finding it difficult to remember your password, there are numerous password recovery programs in the market which are specifically designed to facilitate password recovery, and ensure that your documents, gadgets, and accounts are secured.
Outlook Forgot Password Recovery Steps
Recover By Resetting
This process is known as the manual recovery process.
- Scroll to the Reset Your Password page.
- From the list of “Reasons” (why you want to reset your password), and choose the reason why you want to reset your password.
- Tap on “Next”
- In the appropriate box, key in your “recovery email address” (This is the email used during registration).
- Enter the verification characters (figures and/ or letters)
- Tap on the “Next” option.
- Once you do the above, you’ll get a verification code thru the provided email address or phone number.
- Key in the verification code in the field provided and submit entry.
- Then reset and generate new password to replace the forgotten password.
Resetting On Windows 10
Reset the password you use to sign in to your computer on Windows 10 by doing the following. To do this;
- Scroll to the sign-in screen, enter your Microsoft account name if it’s not already displayed.
- In case there are multiple accounts on the computer, choose the one you want to reset.
- Pick “I forgot my password” beneath the password text box.
This conventional method of recovering password can easily be used by anyone to recover Outlook email password. Howbeit, if you can’t remember your Microsoft account’s recovery email or registered phone number, you may need to use a third-party software solution to recover or reset the password.