Go big with Messenger login, and change the way you make conversations with your friends and family. You can actually log into Messenger with the same email and password that you used for your Facebook account.
This is because, the Messenger platform, is largely connected to Facebook and both platforms go hand in hand. Thus, if you are already logged into Facebook, you don’t need to log into Messenger separately.
But if you don’t have the app, then you can load the app, and create a password to log in with.
To log in on Messenger, first you need the app. Once the device has been loaded on your device, you can simply open the app, and use your e-mail or mobile number and password to log in conveniently.
Messenger Login on Desktop (messenger.com)
- Start, by clicking open Messenger for Windows or macOS
- Tap on the top-left
- Tap on “Settings”
- Click on the “Next” link, to show when you are active to turn your Active Status on or off.
How to Log into Messenger Without the App
Most people desire to log into the Messenger platform without going through the app. However, what you should know, is that the best workaround for how to access Facebook Messenger without the app is to use the full desktop version of Facebook.
You can visit https://www.facebook.com/home.php for the full version. Note, however, that this is not mobile-friendly, but be it as it may, you’ll be able to access and respond to any messages in Messenger.
How to Login on Your Messenger Account When You Have Forgotten Your Password
If you have forgotten your password, you’ll be denied access, into your account. What this means, is that you will not be able to access your account.
If you have forgotten your password:
- From your web browser
- Visit the login page
- Click on the “Forgot Password” link
- A box will pop up with your original phone number or email address that you used in signing up initially.
- There will be digits or letters missing from the displayed letters or numbers.
- You be asked to fill-in the correct phone number/letter of the items that you listed.
- If you can recall the correct number or letters, you can fill it in.
- If can’t recall it, a code will be sent to you by text or email which you are to retrieve and fill into the missing portions.
- This will open it up, and you’ll be able to reset your password.
However, you have to be fast in completing the entire procedure. If not, it will shut down and you’ll have to start all over again
How to Log Out on Messenger
The Messenger app does not have a log out button like other apps where you can log out anytime you want to. So, trying to figure out how to log out on the platform might be a bit confusing. However, I am here to help you.
How to Log Out of Facebook Messenger on your Android Device
- Click open Settings app on your phone in order to access your Android device’s settings.
- Find your way down, and click on the Apps & Notification options
- Scroll down from your applications, till you locate the Messenger app.
- Tap on the app, and you’ll see Storage option there
- Click on Storage, and select Clear Data and Clear Cache.
Logout of Messenger Using the Facebook App
- Click open the Facebook app on your phone
- Tick on the “More” button, which is on the right corner of your screen
- Visit Settings and Privacy
- Navigate down and visit Security and click on it, then click on login.
- You’ll get to see a list of devices where you are logged in
- Select the Messenger session and tap on Log Out.
Logout of Facebook Messenger on iOS
- Tap open the Facebook app on your iOS device
- Tap on “More” link, which is at the top right corner of your screen
- Scroll to Settings and Privacy
- Scroll further down to Security and login
- You’ll see the list of devices, where you are logged in.
- Choose the Messenger session and tap on the “Log Out” button.
You can use these steps, to log in and out of Messenger whenever you feel the need to.