JCPenney Store is a departmental chain of stores based in the US with 1095 different store locations including Puerto Rico. JCPenney Store sells conventional merchandise and offers leased department services like salons, optic centers, studios, coffee places, etc. JCPenney Store are known to be established in malls even though there are still thousands of standalone fixtures.
Its founder J. C. Penney was born in 1875 in Missouri through a Reverend James Cash Penney and a Kentuckian mother, Mary. The chain of departmental stores that followed this birth was incorporated in 1913. The headquarters of JCPenney Store was moved to New York by 1914 with an existing 48 stores. Within 10 years (1924) of being established, the company recorded its 500th store in Missouri where it all started. The expansion continued and most of its managers in different locations were already a part of the stockholders in their branches.
Three years later (1927) the 1000+ chain of stores was incorporated into a company. Penny himself moved from being the president of the company to the chairman of the board, to honorary chairman of the board. He was deceased in 1971 with a tag to his name “The man with a thousand partners”. In honor of the corporate empire, he had successfully created.
JCPenney Products | JCPenney Store
As one of the most trusted and iconic retailers in America, millions of Americans have for over a century, depended on JCPenney to fill their closets and furnish their homes. This empire provides affordable luxury for all Americans under the categories of:
- Bed & bath
- Sephora and
- Clearance sales
There are over 1100 department stores in all 50 U.S states that is dedicated to bringing these products and services to all and sundry. Each store provides thousands of savings on a wide selection of every day crucial items for each family.
JCpenney Store also has a list of exclusive brands including new and established ones that ensure quality is served. And with great customer service, they keep expanding on their dosage of returning clients.
Other J. C. Penney Companies | www.jcpenney.com
- On April 14, 1902, Penney and two other partners opened THE GOLDEN RULE DRY-GOODS STORE in Wyoming.
- Between 1902 and 1904 they opened more stores still in Wyoming.
- Because of Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Montgomery Ward & Co. mail-order sales JCPenney entered the catalog field and acquired GENERAL MERCHANDISE CO. in 1962.
- When the company started its overseas operations (1968–1969), it acquired Sarma, SA, a Belgian retail chain
- In 1971 J.C. Penney, SpA stores were inaugurated in Italy
- Stores were opened in Mexico and Chile in 1995 after which its HQ was moved to Texas, near Dallas in 1988
- The Sephora partnership was announced in 2006
- In 2008 the American Living brand was launched and focus was expanded to clothing, accessories, and home décor line under Ralph Lauren.
- Linden Street home furnishings
- Kimora Lee Simmons for several clothing lines for juniors and young men s