How To Revoke An Application Password For Gmail – When you enable two-factor authentication (2-FA) it keeps your Gmail account secure. It’s majorly like adding an extra layer of security by requiring that you provide must have a password and a specific security key to access your Gmail account.
To obtain a verification code that is unique to your account, Google will send you a code that is unique to your account through a voice call, the google authentication app, or via text message.
You can revoke the password when you no longer trust the device to keep your password secure.
Revoke one app-specific password does not affect another password you generated for different applications or devices.
How to revoke an app password for Gmail utilizing 2-FA
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to delete a specific password generated to access your Gmail account through IMAP or POP:
- Access your Gmail account on your device
- Go to your name or avatar and select google account
- Scroll to the Security tab and select App passwords
- Proceed to input your Gmail password
- Select my app password and click on revoke
- If you don’t see my app password means you are not currently using any password. You can proceed to add a password
Managing Third Party Apps With Account Access
Here is a step by step guide on how to manage third party apps that have access to your Gmail:
- Open the Gmail app on your device
- Go to the security tab and select App passwords
- Enter your Gmail password
- Select app password and proceed to revoke Gmail password
- If you don’t see my app password it means you are currently not using one
How To Manage Third Party Apps With Your Gmail Account Access
- Select the google account from the app
- Tap on security tab
- Select manage third party access
- Select the app among others that have access to your account to expand it and show access it has
- Select remove access to revoke the access
- Repeat the same process with each app you want to prevent from accessing your account
The security tab contains numerous ways to keep your secure.