How To Change Gmail Signature – Your family signature tells a lot about who you are and what you do. It is an important piece that gives your recipient insight. When a signature is updated from a computer, only messages sent from your Gmail on the web shows the updated information.
If you use an Android, iPhone, or iPad you will have to update your mail signature from your device. If you are ready to update your contact information, go ahead on do that on your existing Gmail signature. Here is how to edit or update your existing Gmail signature:
1. Access Gmail from your browser
2. Proceed to sign in to your account
3. Access settings
4.Select the General tab and scroll down the signature section
5. Proceed to update your signature with your information and save
How To Change The Look Of Your Gmail Signature
There are different ways for you to change your Gmail signature. You could edit the text to update your contact information or create a new look for yourself with a text formatting toolbar above the signature. Different ways to change your Gmail signature:
- You can change your Gmail signature by adding a profile picture or logo: click on insert image. If the photo you want to use is store on Google drive, then you should share the file publicly for it to appear as your new signature.
- Change the text format: select the text, then proceed to change the fonts, size, or you can add italic, bold, undermine or any color of your choice.
- Link the Gmail signature to your website: the text is selected, then the link is selected. You type the URL of the site in the “to what URL should this link go”? And click OK
Proceed to the bottom page and click on save-to-save changes
Changing Gmail signature on Android devices
The steps you use to change Gmail signatures on iPhone and ipads is different than the steps on Gmail web and android.
Here is how to change your signature on your android phone or tablet:
- Open the Gmail app on your android device
- Tap on menu
- Select settings
- Choose the google account you want to change
- Select mobile signature. (For iphone and iPad tap on signature settings)
- Proceed to edit to make changes
- Select Ok to save.
In case you can’t add the, t formatting to a signature, you may be working on plain text mode. To turn off plain text mode follow the steps below:
- Tap on comprise a new message
- Select more options.
- Proceed to, remove the check next to plain text mode.