The social media company introduced a new feature that allows you to make video and voice calls on your WhatsApp desktop App.
It has been a long to make audio and video calls from WhatsApp mobile application, this new feature was introduced in March 2021. Here is a guide on how to use this new feature on your desktop app…
What You Need to Use the Calling Feature in WhatsApp for Desktop
The voice and video call feature are available for both the windows and macOS WhatsApp desktop version app versions. Ensure to check if your laptop or computer is running the required version. Of course, you will need a camera to make video calls, a Microphone with speakers, and an active internet connection.
It is worth knowing that WhatsApp Desktop is a standalone app, unlike WhatsApp web, a browser version that does not have the calling feature.
How to Make an Audio Call in WhatsApp Desktop
Here is what you should do to make an audio call on your laptop or computer:
- Open the WhatsApp application
- Click the new chat icon to start a new chat or choose the contact that you wish to make the call to from a previous conversation.
- Click on the voice call/phone icon near the contact
- You will be asked to allow WhatsApp access to your microphone. Click on Allow
- The voice call will automatically start
How to Make a Video Call Using WhatsApp Desktop
Here is what you should do to make a video call on WhatsApp Desktop:
- Choose the WhatsApp contact you want to video call
- Click on the video call icon
- Allow WhatsApp to access to use your camera for video calls by clicking OK
- The video call will automatically start.
This feature brings WhatsApp desktop functionality more in line with the features of the mobile phone versions. Although, WhatsApp web still does not support this feature.