How to Insert a PDF into Word – Found relevant info in a PDF file that you’d like to insert into a report You’re writing in Microsoft word package. This write up will walk you through the various methods of inserting a PDF file into a word document. But first, let’s take a look at word documents and PDF files.
What is a PDF file?
A PDF file stands for portable document format, it is a type of file format that allows you to view a document or graphics in a layout that appears as if it’s a printed layout. PDF files can be viewed on a PC or mobile device, print, or sent electronically.
Word (Microsoft office package) offers a lot of features that helps it’s users present a wide range of documents and some of these files can be confusing if your not familiar with them. One of these is inserting PDF into word tool, which allows you to insert a PDF file into a word file.
There are several free word processors that are great alternative to word but word still remains the most popular of them all.
How do you Insert a PDF into a Word?
There are several ways you can insert a PDF into a word file but we will mention and discuss a few of them.
- Insert PDF as a static image.
- Insert PDF as an embedded object.
- Insert PDF as a linked object.
- Insert PDF using Mac.
- Copy the PDF file into word.
Insert PDF as an Embedded Object
You can insert your off file into a word file by embedding it as an object. This way the first page of the PDF appears in the document and becomes part of it once it has been inserted.
- First open the word file that you want to insert a PDF into.
- Click insert, them object.
- Tap from file.
- Select the PDF file from the pop up window.
- Press insert.
The PDF file will now be inserted into your word file.
Insert PDF as a Static Image
- Open MS word.
- Place your cursor where you want the PDF image to go.
- Click insert in the menu at the top of the word home screen.
- Click picture.
- Tap the insert picture dialogue box.
- Find the jpg version of the PDF image you want to insert.
- Click insert.
The image will be inserted where you last placed your cursor.
Note; embedding a PDF document into a Word file is a popular and sought-after tip. With digital documents becoming more important these days, it’s a handy and helpful tool to be aware of.