How To Delete A Message On Facebook Messenger – If we’re going, to be honest here, we’ve all sent messages online that we wish we could take back; maybe we were too harsh, said something irrational or typed a message that was simply not meant for the person at the receiving end.
Well, it’s normal for us, as we’re all humans. Facebook, taking this into consideration, has recently introduced a feature that allows us to delete messages that we sent, both on our part and the receivers’ end. Isn’t it wonderful? Which makes just the perfect topic for today’s article: how to delete a message on Facebook messenger.
Being a recent feature, it’s possible that the ‘delete message’ might not be available to everyone at once, but with time, it’ll become available to everyone. Before we go into details on how to delete a message on Facebook messenger, let me zero you in on a catch though, if you’re going to delete a message on Facebook Messenger, you may have to be quick about it though, and this should be done within a 10 minutes time frame, otherwise, this message will stay put.
Now, if you’re wondering how to take advantage of this feature to delete messages you sent that you probably regretted, stay with me closely as I take you through the steps in detail.
How To Delete A Message On Facebook Messenger | Steps To Follow
- The first step is usually to log in to Messenger, this could be done in two ways; either through your Facebook account or by installing the messenger app on your device (if you don’t have it). Note that you need to establish an internet connection on your device in order to connect effectively.
- Now, log into your account entering your login credentials.
- Navigate to the chats window and select a conversation that is of interest.
- Open the conversation on your device
- Long press and hold the message, or you may choose to select the three dots on the menu icon on your desktop.
- Click on “remove” next to the message you wish to delete
- Also, click on “remove for everyone” to make sure that that the message is not only deleted for you but also for other people you sent it to. Note that you have 10 minutes to fresh messages for everyone.
And there you have it, that’s how you delete a message from both parties. You could also choose to archive your messages on messenger too. Facebook boss, Mark Zuckerberg made sure this feature is also available on Whatsapp. It can be recalled that the tech mogul acquired Whatsapp in 2014