Take your android gaming to another level using a controller. If you are playing Fortnite on your mobile device, or even something slower-paced like Minecraft, a controller provides more stability than touch controls.
You can connect the controller to your mobile phone using either a USB cable or Bluetooth. Here are the specific controllers that work with Android phones and tablets:
- Generic USB controllers
- Generic Blue tooth controllers
- Xbox one controller
- Ps4 controller
- Ps5 controller
- Nintendo switch joy-com
Generic controllers are not made for a specific console. Examples of high-quality game controllers that you can use with your Android device are:
Android phones and tablets are both able to sync with controllers through Bluetooth or USB connections.
Connect a wired USB controller to Android
If you want to play games on an Android with a USB controller, you will need a USB OTG cable. This a took that adopt a standard USB connector to fit in your phone or tablet.
The OTG USB cable does more than that, it even met you to connect all kinds of USB devices and drives to android.
- Purchase a USB OTG capable from Amazon.
- Ensure to purchase a USB-c or micro USB connector depending on the one your device uses.
- Once you have a USB OTG adapter, just plug it into your Android phone
- connect the USB game controller to the other end of the adapter
- Open the game you want to play
- Game with controller support should detect the device
- You can proceed to play your games.
Connect a standard Bluetooth controller to Android
If you have a generic Bluetooth game controller, and you are guaranteed what it will work with your device. It’s easy as connecting a USB controller, however, you won’t need any special adapters.
- Ensure your phone is discoverable by Bluetooth
- Open settings>connected devices>connection preferences>Bluetooth and make sure your Bluetooth is enabled.
- Select pair new devices from the same menu, then follow the specific instruction to make your controller discoverable.
- Looked for a dedicated Bluetooth button, or check the manual for the right button combination if there isn’t one.
- Tap on an established connection, when your phone detects the controller. As USB, games that can use controllers will detect them then you start the game.
Other games might support controllers, but require additional software from Google play.