How to close Walmart account – You can associate Walmart with fast shopping and low prices. Most of their locations are open 24/7, and you are likely to have one—or several—in your town. In the past years, they’ve stayed on top of the list of the quick-and-cheap retail store.
What you will learn in this Guide
- How to close your Walmart account via a phone call
- How to close your Walmart account via their website
Recently, Walmart moved its services online. And they make delivery right at your doorstep.
One of the features of their online services is that allows you to create an account. Which allows you to keep track of orders, and find details of old orders.
But there might come a time when for one reason or the order you might to delete your account.
If you’re no longer interested in using Walmart’s services, and want to do away with your account. Or, you are working your way through a loved one’s digital assets after their demise. If they had a Walmart account, you’ll need to shut it down to prevent fraud.
Sad to say, Walmart’s site doesn’t offer a step-by-step guide, which makes it a little harder to delete your account.
Here is How to Close a Walmart Account
Deleting a Walmart account often requires a lot of documentation. This is a good thing. It prevents fraudsters from stealing your information.
It also prevents malicious activity, which can be frustrating to manage.
Things You’ll Need to Close Your Account Via Phone
You’ll need three items.
- Your email address. Since most people have more than one email these days, you’ll need the email associated with your account.
- Your Walmart account password. If you’re having trouble remembering it, you can always use the ‘Reset my Password’ option.
- The last item you’ll need is a billing address. For most people, this is their home address.
- Put a call through to their customer care 1-800-966-6546. Have your information handy to speed up the process of closing your account. With the items listed above, their team can close your account.
How to Close Your Walmart Account Via Their Website
Here are the steps to take to close your Walmart account via their website:
- Open up your favorite browser and go to this URL http://www.walmart.com
- Login in to your account if you are not logged in already
- At the top right corner of the page, click on the profile icon
- Click on help
- Next click on the image that says “Walmart.com” right under “contact us”
- Click on “shopping at Walmart.com” under choose your topic
- Click on “manage account” under what we can help you with?
- Click on the email tab
- Enter your information and type in “I would like to delete my account” under reasons for contacting us
- Next you click on the “Submit” button
Next click on “ask agent for help”
- Copy the confirmation code to reference to customer service
Congratulations, you have succeeded in closing your Walmart account.
Walmart will contact through a call or an email to let you know that they have closed your account.