How To Close TD Bank Account – You have made up your mind to close your TD bank account. At this point, you’ve realized that you are no longer happy with their customer service or their banking policies.
Whatever reason you may have for closing your TD bank account, we have outline steps you can take to close your account.
Things to Do before you Close a TD Bank Account
- This is quite obvious; you need to have a new bank account before you close your TD account.
- You need to access your recent monthly statement for recurring charges like electricity, water, gas and rental bills. Make sure you move all these essential charges to your new account at least 2 weeks before they are due.
- Take note of subscriptions such as Spotify, Apple Music, and Netflix and move them to your new account.
- Move your salary’s direct deposit to your new bank at least a full working week before it is expected.
- Watch out for any overdue or recurring bank fees and resolve them. This is important to protect your credit score.
- Move any remaining balances over to your new account.
4 Ways to close TD Bank Account
If you want to close your TD bank account, it is quite easy, you have 3 option to choose from.
Choose between these 4 options:
- Close out your account online.
- Call customer service
- Mailing in a written request
- Visiting a TD Bank near you
How to close a TD Bank Account online
It is easy to close your account. With a $0 balance, you can close your TD account through online banking. You can do this by sending a secure e-mail request.
Also, if you have a $0 balance you can close your TD Bank account by calling TD bank’s customer service.
How to Close a TD Bank Account via a Phone Call
In the event you don’t have access to the internet, you can close your TD bank account by calling their customer care.
It’s as simple as dialing.
Please note that you can only use this option if you have a 0$ balance in your account.
How to Close a TB Bank Account via Mail
You can use this option in the event you don’t want to close your account through calling TD bank’s customer care, or through online banking for reasons best known to you.
You can mail a request to close your account to:
TD Bank, N. A
P.O. Box 1377
Please note that when you submit a written request, you must write down the account number(s) that you want to close.
Additionally, to ensure your security, you need to have the letter signed and notarized.
If your account is a passbook-type account, you will need to add the passbook with the letter.
Also note that this does not apply to Small Business Accounts, it applies only to Personal Account Types.
How to close a TD Bank Account via a Bank Branch
This option is for those who have funds in their account. If you have money in your account, you need to visit a TD bank near you.
But you can submit a signed and notarized written request that includes your account number.
Please note that TD bank will close your account within 2 to 3 business days only when your account reaches $0.
NOTE: TD Bank does not charge a fee for closing out a bank account.