How to Close My Amazon Account – Closing your Amazon account is the only way to permanently erase your purchase history. If you want to delete your Amazon account for good, here’s how to do yourself the favor.
What Closing My Amazon Account Entails
Please note that your Amazon account is shared across Amazon’s websites.
If you close it, you will lose access to:
- International stores like Amazon.co.uk.
- Amazon-owned sites like Audible.com.
You won’t be able to do the following:
- Login to any website you use your Amazon account for.
- Your Amazon Payments account will also be closed.
- Any open orders will be canceled.
- Subscriptions like Amazon Prime will immediately end.
- You will lose any Amazon gift card balance in your account.
- You won’t be able to return purchased items for a refund or replacement.
- Digital content you purchased will be gone, and you won’t be able to redownload Kindle eBooks, Amazon videos, music, digital software and games, and whatever other digital content you might own.
Amazon will also wipe out your purchase history and customer data
How To Close Your Amazon Account in 2020
Update: Amazon has changed its website after we wrote this article. It is ideal to contact Amazon via online chat (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?tag=823814-20) or call Amazon Customer Service.
Ask the customer care representative to close your account for you.
Some folks have used both the chat feature and phone number to close their accounts successfully.
The Old Way to Close Your Amazon Account
You will have to contact Amazon customer representative to close your account, but Amazon offers a streamlined process for doing so. (Update: this option has been removed from Amazon website.)
Please visit their Contact Us page (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510&tag=823814-20) to get started. Log in with the Amazon account details you want to close.
Hit your mouse on “Prime or Something Else”, it is located at the top of the customer support page.
Right under the “Tell us more about your issue” section, select “Account Settings” in the first box and “Close My Account” in the second box.
You’ll have to talk to Amazon’s customer support staff about this. Beneath the How would you like to contact us? section, select either “Phone”, “Email”, or “Chat”.
We recommend selecting “Email”, which seems to be the quickest method. You’ll need to receive an email as part of the account closing process, anyway. Amazon’s staff won’t close your account immediately if you contact them over the phone or online chat.
Update: We have been informed that, as of November 16, 2019, Amazon’s customer care representatives can immediately close an account if you contact them through telephone.
Tell the Amazon customer representative you want to close your account and provide a reason.
Amazon’s customer support representative will contact you via email with warnings about what you will lose when you delete an account.
They will also try to figure out what challenge you’re having and offer other possible solutions. But, if you have made up your mind that you want to close your account, they will finally help you do so.
Follow the instructions Amazon will send to your email. You have to confirm you actually do want to close your account. Then Amazon will close your account.
See These Post:
- Uber Eats Account Login – Sign in – Uber Eats Driver – Uber Online
- How To Contact Roblox Phone Number – Customer service
- Easy Way to Contact Direct TV Customer Service – Phone Number
- How To Close TD Bank Account Online Via Phone call or Email
- How To Close Shopify Account – Step by Step Guide – Delete Shopify Account 2020
- How to Close Capital One Account Online or Via Email – Guide
- How To Close Amazon Sellers Account – Easy Guide
- How to Close an Instagram Account – Instagram Delete My Account Link
- How to Close a Facebook Account – Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account