How to Close an Instagram Account – Are you looking for guidance on how to close an Instagram account? Congratulations, you are in the right place.
Whether it’s because you think you have been spending too much time on the addictive picture-sharing app, or if you’re trying to cut ties with Facebook (which is the owner of Instagram), closing your Instagram account temporarily or permanently is really straightforward.
First, you’ll have to decide which of the two different ways you’d like to take your account offline:
- Close Instagram permanently. When you close your account, your profile, videos, photos, followers, comments, and likes will be gone for good − and you won’t be able to reactivate the account or retrieve any of the data within it.
Also, note that you won’t be able to sign up again with the same username, or add the same username to another account.
Before you go ahead, you may want to download all your Instagram pictures, videos and other account details (instructions further down this page).
- Close your Instagram account temporarily. When you close your account, your photos, profile, likes and comments will all be hidden, but you can restore all of that data by signing in again.
This is the right option if you want a temporary respite from the service for whatever reason, but aren’t quite ready to cut ties completely and lose your data for good.
How to Close an Instagram Account Permanently – Delete Instagram
Before deleting your Instagram account, we recommend you take a few moments to get a copy of everything you’ve uploaded to the platform. This will include your profile information, photos, videos, and comments.
To get a copy of your data, follow this link “https://www.instagram.com/download/request/”, enter your email address and password, and click on the “Request Download” button.
It can take Instagram up to 2 days to gather this data together and send it to you, so it requires some extra patience.
When you have downloaded your data, you are set to permanently close your Instagram account. Follow these steps:
- Visit the Instagram website and sign in to your account − the reason for this is you can not close an Instagram account from within the mobile app − it has to be done via their website.
- Follow this link “https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/”, as it will take you directly to the ‘Delete Your Account’ page.
- Open up the drop-down menu next to ‘Why are you deleting your account?’ and select the reason that’s most appropriate.
- You’ll be prompted to re-enter your Instagram password.
- Select ‘Permanently delete my account’
You don’t need to do much more to permanently close your Instagram account.
How to Close an Instagram Account Temporarily
To temporarily close an Instagram account, with the intention to either activate it again or permanently close it later, take the following steps:
- Visit the Instagram website and sign into your account
- Go to your profile page and click on the ‘Edit Profile’
- Select ‘Temporarily disable my account’, you will find this option at the bottom of the page.
- Next, click the drop-down menu next to ‘Why are you disabling your account?’ and select the option relevant to you.
- You will be prompted to re-enter your Instagram password
- Finally, you will need to select ‘Temporarily disable account.
These Post Could Also Be of Help:
- How to Close Capital One Account Online or Via Email – Guide
- How To Close TD Bank Account Online Via Phone call or Email
- How To Close Shopify Account – Step by Step Guide – Delete Shopify Account 2020
- How To Close Amazon Sellers Account – Easy Guide
- How To Change Email On Instagram – Change Your Instagram Email
- How to Post a YouTube Video on Instagram For More Views
- How to Close My Amazon Account 2020 – Delete Amazon Account
- How to Close a Facebook Account – Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account
- How to delete Gmail
- Delete Facebook Account Permanently
- How To Close a Page on Facebook