How To Close A PayPal Account – Having a PayPal account is very convenient: you can pay for goods and services through the internet without leaving your home. Still, a moment comes when you might not need this type of account any longer. What should you do then?
How to Delete PayPal Account Completely
If you have made up your mind to close your PayPal account, you need to remember that you will not be able to restore it. Once you close it, it remains closed forever.
Now, on how to close a PayPal account, here are some steps you should take:
- Open your browser and visit the official site of PayPal
- Log in using your regular password and username
- At the top of the page, you will see the Profile button.
- Click on Find My Settings button and click it.
- Look for Account type section and then click on “Close Account”. Then finally Click the button. “Done!”
It will take you only a couple of minutes and a few clicks to get rid of your personal profile in the system.
Things To Do Before You Close A PayPal Account
Before you close your PayPal account, you should make sure that:
- There are no funds in your account because there will be no refunds after you close your PayPal account.
- There is no record of any email address that has not been confirmed on your profile.
- There are no funds in your account.
- There are no unresolved issues connected to your account
Please not that there is no fee for keeping your profile open. You are not charged even if your profile is inactive for many years.
How To Close A PayPal Credit Account
If you have decided to close this account, you will need to get in touch with Customer Service. Contact details are available on the official website of the company.
To perform this operation, you will need your account number. To locate it, you will need to go to the PayPal Credit menu on the left side of the website page.
Then, you need to find and click See Statements button. Select dates to see the billing cycle between those dates. Now, download the statement of that billing cycle and see the number located at the top left side of the page of this statement.
Finally, you have to pick up your phone call their customer support and speak with them.
How to Delete a PayPal Account for a Deceased Relative
On how to close a PayPal account of a deceased relative, PayPal requires the following from the authorized.
- A cover sheet from the one who requests to close the deceased person’s profile. PayPal requires this in order to identify the profile that should be deleted with the help of the email address attached to it. Also, the cover sheet needs to contain the request for closing the named profile
- A copy of the deceased’s death certificate.
- A copy of the requestor’s identification document with a picture, which is issued by the government (a driver’s license or a passport)
- Legal documents that identify the requestor as a person who administers the deceased one’s estate
- A legal document that confirms the absence of any will of the deceased person