How to Change Your Facebook URL – Facebook URL is a custom web address on your Facebook profile containing your Facebook username, you will find it at the top right corner of your screen, in the top blue banner.
If it’s a Facebook business page, click on the gear symbol at the top right of your window in the blue banner at the top, and tap on your business page under “Use Facebook as” and the URL will be in the address bar of your browser.
So it’s almost like changing our Facebook username. Note that if you change your URL via Facebook mobile app or website will generally change it for all devices, services and even on the Facebook messenger app, although it might take some time for the change to be effective on the messenger app.
Steps on How to change your Facebook URL
To change your Facebook URL, follow these steps;
- Log in to your Facebook account and click on the arrow head looking icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on “Settings” and click on “Username” which you would find under General Page.
- Change the username in the text box where your Username is by tapping on the box. Make sure to use your real name, a name people know you well with as this will make it easier for people to find you.
- Click on save changes; blue button just below the username text box, if its still grey means the username has already been taken. All you need to do is to make your username unique and different i.e editing it by adding extra characters or you could completely change the name.
- Enter your Facebook password and click on submit.