Complete guide on how to change your email name and Address I Gmail… Did you ever think that was possible, lets see how it goes.
Some of us actually have some kind of embarrassing or funny names we might have used when we were younger or probably not paying so much attention while registering your Email.
Well, if that’s not the case and you just want to change your email address or name in Gmail we’ve got you covered. Don’t miss out on any details causes they are all important. So read through calmly and enjoy learning something new today.
An Email is a method through which messages also known as mail are sent and received between people using electronic devices. It requires data/ internet connectivity to function.
Is Your Email Name different from your Email Username?
A lot of people think their Email Name and their Email Username are the same things.
We’ll the answer to that is no your Email Name and Email Username aren’t the same thing. Let’s break it down for you
Email Name is the name of the sender that reflects once a mail is sent.
While Email Username is your email address and your Google username by default.
To access this information, move your mouse to your profile picture. Changing your name is quite simple but changing your email Username/ address can tricky.
How To Change Your Name
Changing your Gmail name automatically changes your Google account because they work hand in hand (they are the same). So, you changing your Gmail name/ Gmail account means your name across all Google apps will be changed too.
Steps to follow in Changing just your Gmail Name
- Enter your Google username and password to sign in.
- There’s a gear icon on the top right corner of your screen, click it and select “See All Settings”.
- Select the Account and Import Tab.
- Beneath the Send mail, click the “edit info” button.
- Input your new name you’ll like to show on your emails, tap the button next to it and click the Save Changes button.
That’s it. Next up
How To Change Your Google Account Name
Doing this automatically means your Gmail name will be changed. If you’re cool with this then proceed.
Steps to follow
- Head to your Google account on your smartphone.
- Select the Personal Info tab (by the left side bar).
- A tab named the basic info will open.
- Click on the Name tab that’s got the name you want to change.
- You can change your first, last, middle or all of it depending on how you want it to be.
- Once you’re done, click the Save button.
Can You Change Your Gmail Address And Username?
Well, that can’t happen. Gmail doesn’t allow such changes to be made (Changing your Gmail address and username). Though you could just act smart and create a new account and transfer all your data from your old account into the new account. Here’s how to make that work:
Steps to Follow
- Create a new Google account.
- Sign in to your new Google account.
- Tap the gear icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Pick the See all Settings.
- Tap the Account and Import Tab.
- Click the Import mail and contacts button beneath Import mail and contacts.
- Type in your old email Username in the new then “continue”.
- You would be asked to pick an account to proceed to Shuttlecloud Migration, select your old account.
- The Gmail ShuttleCloud will ask for permission, so “Allow” it.
- Head to the first pop-up window and click the Import options for your old account. Proceed importation/ transfer of all you’ll need from you. Old mail into your new mail but you’ve got 30 days to do all of it.
- Once you’re down with the process a message will come in, press Ok, and refresh your new Gmail page.
Congratulations, you’ve done a great job so far. Now you’ve got access to all your old emails from your old account now present in your new account.
Yeah, I know I said it was a bit tricky but that didn’t mean it was impossible, did it? Following the steps by step instructions made it easier and faster. Enjoy your new account