How to change Yahoo Mail Password- Having a Yahoo Mail is very nice, not until you forget your password or think your account password is blown and you need to change the password. Nothing is more frustrating than not having access to something that’s yours. How to change Yahoo Mail Password has very simple steps and here they are;
Recovering Yahoo Mail Passwords On Desktops
- Click on “Difficulty Signing in” and enter the number you used to create the Yahoo mail account.
- You could try entering a recovery email, or the fill in the gap method. Any of the methods you choose has very similar ways.
- Click on “Continue” and “Yes” for Yahoo to text you an account key.
- Enter the account key sent to you via message or to the recovery mail. (might be a call depending on the method you chose to be contacted by Yahoo).
- Click on “Verify” and select the account you wish to log into.
- Click on “Create a New Password” and enter the password into the “Password” textbox. Enter it again in the “Confirm Password” textbox. Try a unique simple password, one you won’t easily forget.
- Click on “Continue” and finish the setup which will take you back to your Yahoo mail page.
Changing Yahoo Mail Passwords on Desktops.
- If you are logged in already and wish to change your password. Tap on your name tab or profile picture and select “Account Info”.
- Select “Account Security”, re-enter your login details for confirmation purposes. “Disable Account key” by tapping on “Manage” in the upper right corner of the page then tap on the “Change Password” link.
- Enter the new password twice, click on continue and finish the setup.
Recovering Yahoo Mail Passwords On Mobile
- Open Yahoo mail, tap on “Have a Yahoo account” and on “Trouble signing in”.
- Enter a recovery phone number or email address, or you could enter the email address in question to try fill in the gap method.
- Tap on “Continue” and “Yes, text me an Account Key”. If you entered the email address in question, this is the part where you fill in missing characters from the recovery option Yahoo brings up.
- When you get the code via text or the recovery mail you provided, enter it into the textbox provided and tap on “Verify”.
- Create and type in a new password thereby finishing the setup.
Changing Yahoo Mail Passwords on Mobile
- In case you are logged in already, tap on the three-line icon on the top left corner of your screen, and select “Manage Accounts”.
- Find the account in which you want the password changed and tap on “Account Info”.
- Tap on “Security Settings”, you will be prompted to enter your phone’s password, pin, pattern or scan your touch ID depending on the kind of phone.
- “Disable Account Key” by tapping on “Manage” in the upper right corner of the page, tap on “Yes, disable account key” and “Got it”.
- Then proceed to tap on “Change Password”, you might have to verify that you are not a robot.
- Enter your new password into the new password textbox and the confirm password textbox.
- Tap on “continue” and finish the setup.