Facebook UK Marketplace is a convenient platform to buy and sell items to people in your local area and this feature is available for UK Facebook users. This means you can conduct buy and sell transactions with people in your local area.
Sellers can post listings of their items for buyers to see and purchase and buyers can discover items on sale in their local community. Buying and selling on Facebook UK marketplace is totally free unlike other online marketing platforms, so you can list your items for free on the platform as well as sell items to buyers for free too.
The Facebook UK marketplace is a feature available on your Facebook app, once you find the shop icon on your Facebook app that is the marketplace feature, you can click on it and start buying and selling on your Facebook app. We will walk you through the process of using this feature on your Facebook app.
How To Use Facebook UK Marketplace
The marketplace UK feature makes it possible for you to buy and sell items to people in your location, as a seller you need to post listings of items on sale so that buyers on marketplace can discover your items and patronize you. If you wish to sell something on marketplace, you need to follow these steps properly:
- Log into your Facebook account, then click the SHOP ICON (marketplace), Facebook prompts will direct you on how to continue the process.
- Add items you are selling by adding clear photos of them from your phone’s gallery, you can add multiple photos if you want, there is no fee attached to it.
- Then enter a title for the item you are selling, you are limited to 100 characters by Facebook, so you have to make sure it is brief and catchy too. Add a detailed title that will attract the interest of buyers.
- Describe the items you are selling; you need to add detailed information about the items you are selling like color, model, size, and other useful information for your buyers.
- Add a price for the items you are selling which is often displayed in your local currency, which you can change later if you wish.
- Then choose a location and a category your products fall into the list provided by Facebook, your products will be advertised in the locations you choose.
- Once you are done with these steps, your items will be made visible for people to find on marketplace. You can click YOUR ITEMS option to access the items you have posted; you also get notifications from interested buyers here and communicate with them.
How To Buy On Marketplace
Buying on marketplace is quite easy, once you access the feature on app, you can look through listings and find out items near you to purchase. There are varieties of items on sale you can find on marketplace ranging from clothes, gadgets, vehicles, real estate and the sellers of these items are usually people in your area. To buy items on Facebook UK marketplace, follow these steps:
- Open your Facebook app; the marketplace feature is right on your Facebook app and you can access it by clicking the store icon at the top of your page below the search bar.
- Once the marketplace app is open, you would see four options click on CATEGORIES option at the top of the page. The CATEGORIES option allows you to view the list of all the item categories on marketplace, you can scroll through categories to find recent posts from all categories.
- Then choose a specific category to view, there are categories for jobs, rentals, vehicles, items from people and more. Once you select a particular category, you can view recent posts in that particular category.
- You can also search for the items you wish to buy by using the marketplace search bar; simply type the keywords on the search bar and tap the SEARCH button to find items.
- If you find an item you are interested in, you can click on the item to view its details. Just tap the picture or title to enable you to open the details of the item.
- Click on ASK FOR DETAILS to automatically send a message to a seller to know if the item is still available for sale.
- Tap the MESSAGE button to write a message to the seller to ask them directly about the item you wish to buy.
- Then you can tap SAVE to save the post to your saved page which would make it easy for you to locate the item later if you are really interested in buying it.
Lots of people in the UK are using this marketplace feature for buying and selling items to people in their local area, it is free and convenient and you can join others and benefit from Facebook marketplace.