Learn more about Facebook logout my account from this article if you are having issues logging out of your Facebook account.
Even though most users prefer to stay logged into their account, in order to avoid the stress of logging in and out, it is advised that you always log out if you are not using your personal device. By this, we mean if the computer, or phone you use in logging into Facebook, is not your own or is a public device, you must always log out of such devices in order to keep your account secured.
Facebook Logout My Account
Logging out of your Facebook account, means that anytime you want to access your account, you have to log in again with your password and email. Without these two (password & email) you won’t be able to gain access to your account.
In as much as users would want to avoid the stress that comes with logging into their account everytime they want to gain access into their account, because of the issue of forgotten password etc. It is still recommended that you log out if you can because of the following obviuos reasons:
- If you stay logged into your account, and someone other than you happens to have access to your device, your account can be easily compromised.
- Logging out, keeps your account protected from hackers.
- Once you log out, you can be sure that no activity with your name is going on, in your account.
If you are confused on how to log out of your Facebook account, follow me as i take you through simple steps of how you can easily log out of your account.
Facebook Logout My Account on a Computer
If you are using a computer, here is how to log out of your Facebook account:
On New Facebook
- Tick on the downward arrow icon at the top right.
- Tap on Log Out at the bottom of the menu that pops up.
On Classic Facebook
To log out on classic Facebook on a computer, here are the steps:
- Tick on the downward arrow icon at the top right of any Facebook page
- Then tap on Log Out at the bottom of the menu that is displayed.
Its as simple as those two steps shown above, and can be done in seconds.
How to Log Out of Facebook on Another Computer, Phone or Tablet
If you want to log out of Facebook on another computer, phone or tablet:
- Navigate to Security and Login Settings
- Scroll to the section Where You’re Logged In. You may have to tap the See More option in order to see all of the sessions where you are logged in.
- Search for the session you want to end. Tap on the three dot icon and click on Log Out.
Once you click on Log Out, you will immediately get logged out of Facebook on that device.
If You Don’t See The Log Out Menu
In case you are seeing a problem with how Facebook is displayed in your web browser, you may be having a
cache or temporary data issue.
To log out, you may have to clear your web browser’s cache and temporary data.
If you have logged into your Facebook account on multiple devices, you will need to separately log out of each device.
The need to protect your account cannot be overemphasized, becuase your account has become an integral part of your life, because it houses some of your important personal information, that you won’t want a third party to have access to.
Thus there is a need to protect your account as much as you can, by logging out where necessary to protect your account from being compromised.