Here is how to sync your iCloud account to an Android device, iCloud is a great way to keep your email, contacts, calendar, task, and photo synced on Apple devices.
If you want to switch from an iPhone to an Android device. Apple doesn’t welcome other ecosystems but you can access iCloud with the right apps from your Android.
Switching from iPhone to Android is way easier
If you have been feeling reluctant about switching to Android from iPhone, this is totally understandable. After all, they are completely different platforms with no compatibility. Thanks to numerous apps and services, you can access your iCloud from your Android devices:
- Access iCloud email
- Sync iCloud contacts
- View your iClouds
- Sync reminders
Access iCloud Mail
Every android devices come with a Gmail app, you can use this as an advantage to access your icloud account
Follow the instructions below to generate an app for your icloud
- Head over to the Apple page and sign in
- On the manage page, look for security. Under App-specific password, tap on generate password.
- Enter description for the passowrd, then click on generate
- Ensure to keep record of your password, as you will need it in a moment.
Next thing to do is:
- Open your Gmail on your Android device and select the menu at the top left
- Tap the account selection arrow and select add Account
- Enter your iCloud account you just created, and then tap on Next
- Syncing iCloud contacts to Android
Syncing your contact between icloud and Android is quite easy and straightforward
- Open icloud.com on your browser and log in
- Open your contact and select the contact you want to export
- Tap the gear icon, export card, and save the VCF file to your computer
- Next, transfer this data to your Android, using USB or cloud storage.
- Open contact on your Andriod device, tap the menu, and go to settings>import here. Browse for the VCF rule and import contacts.
Syncing Apple Reminder on Android
Are familiar with using the apple reminder app to keep track of your task? If you have an access to CallDAV sync or smoothsync, you can sync them to your Android device easily by downloading the open task app from the same developer. However, the open task is simple, it doesn’t provide a lot of extra functionality, giving it a similar feel to the reminders app on your mac iPad, or iPhone.
Syncing iCloud on your Android device can take time before working. But it is worth the effort if you have email, contacts, calendars, and other important data that you want to sync across your different devices.