You Can Now Hide Facebook And Instagram Likes – Facebook and Instagram are working on a feature for users to hide the number of likes their posts get, I protect their mental health by hiding likes on Instagram and Facebook.
Facebook stated that it received feedback from users and experts, saying that seeing the number of likes was disturbing for most users, there have also been warnings and comments from experts saying that the gratification model for Facebook and Instagram (especially), can contribute to depression and anxiety in young teenagers.
Facebook said it has been working with a third party to better understand how to build and empower people, create self-awareness and also shape a more positive experience on Instagram.
How to Hide likes on Instagram
The hide likes feature will be available on Instagram first, however it may take some time to get to some users. Currently, the turn-off-like feature is not available on Android devices at the moment.
To hide likes on Instagram follow the steps below
- Open the Instagram app on your device
- Open settings
- Tap on post
- Tap on hide likes and view counts
- Instagram has also made it possible for users to hide likes before a lost goes live on the feed, the hide-like feature can also be executed after the post is sent off.
How to hide likes on Facebook
This feature is yet to be released, but don’t worry if you can’t access it now.
- Open the Facebook app
- Tap on settings & privacy
- Select settings
- Tap on reaction count
- Select he option to either hide number of reaction (on posts from others/ on your posts)