What to Do If Your Facebook Is Hacked – In an event whereby someone caked your Facebook account, don’t panic here is what you need to do.
Hacking a Facebook account is not uncommon. There various reasons why someone may want to access your Facebook accounts, they may want to steal your identity for fraudulent activities, including passwords you may use with banks and online stores.
Whatever the reason might be, it is important to know what to do when your Facebook account is hacked.
Here is a guide to resolving a hacked Facebook account.
Change your Facebook password
If the person who hacked your Facebook account has not changed your account password, then try to change it.
- Click security
- Log in
- Scroll down and tap on change password
- Proceed to change your Facebook password to a new one
Reset your password if the hacker has changed it
Most internet scammers will quickly change your password once they have access to the account, so it’s not as simple as just accessing your account settings and changing your password you will have to reset your password.
- Under the Facebook log in, click on forgot password link
- Provide information like, the email address you used in creating an account to identify your self
- You will receive an email, follow prompt to reset your password
Report your hacked account
Report the account of spam are being sent from your hacked account. You will receive instruction from Facebook on how to resolve the issue.